Priceline Hotel: Need strategy 3 or 4* Ottawa Downtown (2 rooms)

yam
By yam,
in

Ottawa DT hotel, $89 Nov. 14-16/08

Amenities: smoke free rooms, pool, business ctr, fitness ctr, restaurant, laundy facilities, HS internet, Spa, golf nearby, childrens activity prog.

Tripadvisor rating 4.0 out of 5.0, 60+ reviews last review March 2008

My guess is this is the Marriott.

2.5*Ottawa hotel, $63 Nov. 14-16/08

amenities: airport shuttle, restaurant

No TA rating, reviews

I just read the hotel list here...sounds like this is the Quality hotel in downtown. will read more reviews about this hotel on TA.

Based upon the Hotwire Hotel List the 4* is a match for the Marriott and the 2.5* is a match for the Quality Hotel so that would also be our best guess for each.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The 4* looks like the same hotel that we identified for you back in May.

Are your dates now firm and are you ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

we're definitely staying two nights (November 14-16) there. Will decide this week if I'll go through hotwire or priceline.

Since my stay will be cut short to two days instead of three, i searched again and found these properties:

$84, 4* DT ottawa

amenities:Boutique, fitness, restaurant, business ctr, hi speed int.

$84, 3.5 * DT Ottawa

amenities, Boutique, fitness, pool, restaurant, business ctr, hi speed

I will definitely be booking through your links in the next few days. I wonder though if I can save a few more bucks by using priceline?

Many thanks. I am just confused with options but I am getting close...

The 4* is a match for the Arc - The Hotel and the 3.5* is a match for the Indigo City Center so that would be our best guess for each.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

At the 4* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Ottawa...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Ottawa and re-bid zone3...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected post back and we'll revise for a 3 star.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

With time on your side i would begin by bidding $60 for a 3* hotel... if that is rejected, then in 24 hours repeat the 4* strategy above and increase your 3* bidding by $5 to $65 (and continue to repeat the 4* strategy and increase the 3* bid until you get to $80)

However, before bidding, note that no 3.5* or 4* hotels show up on HOTWIRE when searching for two rooms... i assume you and your friend want to stay at the same hotel?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have been inactive for a while. MY friend and I decided to book a two bedroom suite at Les Suites hotel from Expedia and we'll just split the cost. I had a $50 voucher there so I decided to use it now. Anyway, sorry it didn't result in a "sale". I do appreciate the help, though.

Well we are an affiliate of Expedia, as well as most other online booking channels.

Please use and look in our support page for any future travel bookings.

Glad you found something which works for your needs and thanks for 'closing' this thread with what you decided to do for this stay.

Enjoy your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]