Priceline Hotel: HELP: NYC 9/3-9/5

carla748
By carla748,
in

I have reservations for the Waldorf Astoria using their website for Sept 3-5 for $219 each night. With taxes it comes to $501 for 2 nights. I've never paid this much for a Hotel in my life. Do you think there is a chance if I keep watching Hotwire and Priceline that I might be able save some money by bidding on Priceline or watching Hotwire? or is this a resonable price for this hotel? Any suggestions on how to save me some money ? I know if I try this there is a chance of getting another hotel. What do I look for to increase my odds? Right now the Waldorf is booked for those nights because of the Republican Convention block. I figure when its 2-3 weeks before my dates I may have a chance. I'll keep my reservations for a backup plan.

I'm not really sure if you're asking if you can beat that rate for a 4* property with Priceline/Hotwire OR if you can beat that rate for the Waldorf.

If you're looking for the Waldorf than i think your best bet is to stick with that reservation. On the otherhad, if you're looking to simply beat that rate for 4* property than i think it can be done.

If you'd like to beat that rate please provide your maximum bid and what zone(s) are acceptable to you. If you're not that familiar with NYC you may want to look at the post i put together for PRICELINE ZONES NEW YORK.

If i haven't answered your question please let us know.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 7 months later...

Using your advice to be on the safe side- and we really wanted to stay at the Waldorf/Astoria for our first visit to New York, we kept our reservations we had made thru Hilton for the Waldrof. We checked in the samd day Pres. Bush checked out after speaking at the Republican Convention!

It was a great location and a great old Grand Hotel. Next visit to New York, we will use priceline and take a chance for a cheaper 3-4 * hotel now that we know the area and won't be so leary visiting NYC. But we just had to stay at the Waldorf just once. Thanks for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]