Airline tickets

Mrs LC
By Mrs LC,
in

My 7 month pregnant 20 yr old granddaughter call & wants to come home. Broke no place to stay & with her 1 yr old. I book on priceline for 2 tickets to Atl, Ga. from Kanas City , Mo. Then I go off to surgery. I get call fron granddaughter on 9/9/08 (day of flight) tickets are in my name unable to board. Call priceline, we're sorry this is what you booked can not change name even for fee. I have a wittness that was here when I booked . I put in correct names. No said price line they are in your name. Now we are out $199.02 PLUS ticket price to bring them home at last min.. She has flown only twice on employee tickets. Had no idea anything was wrong until she got to the counter. Priceline made mistake and will not refund monies. Any suggestions? Help

Welcoem to BetterBidding!

From Our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Thanks! :)

If you'd like our thoughts/comments please do us the favor of sharing your winning bid information with the rest of the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

But of course if it was Mrs LC's own mistake filling out the PRICELINE bidding/passenger name screen (which i highly suspect, even more so given they never returned to follow up her thread) then of course complaining to the credit card company will be of little help.

Regardless, a good lesson for everyone to check the confirmation page when you receive an accepted bid... whether it be for airfare, hotel, or car rental.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]