Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE) Hilton Financial District

Keels
By Keels,
in

Hi,

I have just discovered this website so am completely new to this and don't know where to start!

I am after a good hotel within a central location and easy walking access to Fisherman's Wharf. We're not adverse to walking but are only in SF for 3 days so want to make the most of it. I'm not sure whether to go for USE or USW or Fisherman's Wharf. I have heard about the Tenderloin area and obviously do not want to be near this area.

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Thank you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To begin... what are the actual dates of your stay? What star rating are you seeking and what is your maximum budget? (per nite before taxes and fees)

Do you intend to spend most of your time around the Fisherman Wharf zone or in other areas? (if elsewhere, where do you think you'll be exploring)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey Keels -

I'm in SF right now, as I often am for work.

Fisherman's Wharf is not particularly central. USW and USE are. (Union Square West and Union Square East). If the idea of the Tenderloin bothers you, then you don't want to be in USW, which is right next to it.

But I should warn you that SF is known for having sketchy neighborhoods next to nice ones. The Tenderloin is close to Union Square and Nob Hill; Financial District is close to South of Market, which can be kind of icky.

The one area I personally do not recommend is Civic Center - I find it worse than the others and there is nothing compelling that makes it nice or appealing.

Read all the FAQs and good luck with your bidding.

Having looked at some of the recent posts for SF, the USE hotels appear to be - Hyatt Regency, Palace, Hilton & Marriott and for USW Parc 55, Stanford Court, Prescott, Intercontinental Mark Hopkins, Hilton. They also appear to be going for cheaper than $160. I obviously don't want to be paying too much so should we try for around $130 max?

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* USE...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* USW...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* USE and USW...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* USE and USW and re-bid zone4...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I am currently up to the final set of options and have just bid $115. This was rejected but it says that if I bid another $22 I will be successful. Having read the calendar f wins I have a feeling that his hotel might be the Hilton in the Financial District. This would be OK however I might as well stay in Fisherman's Wharf as it isn't much further and the prices are much cheaper. Can you suggest a strategy for a 4* in Fishermans Wharf for up to $110? I think the Holiday Inn at F/W is a 3* and that went for around $80 on hotwire so can you include that as well please? I'll then have a rethink if I'm not successful. Thanks a lot.

Since you've already bid USE and USW up to $110, and they are still acceptable at this price, we can use these areas as pseudo re-bid zones. So combining with your four other re-bid zones you can bid as follows:

Select 4* Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $60, if rejected add USE...

Bid $65, if rejected add USW...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Fishermans Wharf and re-bid zone4...

Bid $90, if rejected add USE...

Bid $95, if rejected add USW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $110

Any quesitons feel free to ask.

If rejected post back and we'll revise for 3* bidding.

To confirm... you have not bid for a 3* in the USE or USW zone (and are not interested in 3* properties in either of those zones)? What is your maximum bid at the 3* level?

Please confirm and we'll advise accordingly.

At the 3* level in Fisherman's Wharf you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3* Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Fishermans Wharf and re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90

Not sure if the above will ultimately be enough, but with a few days to go before your stay, i'd start with that.

Any questions freel free to ask.

Congratulations on your win!

I'm glad to see you decided to raise your 4* bid a bit more for the USE and USW zones rather than continue your 3* FW bidding... happy to see it didn't take too much more.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]