Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (University) Hilton Inn at Penn

hazeleyedgirl
By hazeleyedgirl,
in

When will your plans regarding occupancy be firm? I think you're taking a risk with the triple occupancy, but then adding your mom to the mix and looking at quad occupancy, the risk goes up, especiailly since this may be a busy date with the parents weekend taking place (not sure of how much of a draw this is for students and their parents)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

thank you. am a little nervous as it is four of us and i want to guarantee that we have somewhat separate rooms. i found a hotel called homewood suites in mount laurel that has everything we need. indoor pool opened late, separate bedroom, no parking fee, free breakfast only drawback that it is a 25 minute drive.

the rate is $109. not sure i should take a chance on hotwire with 4 people but will go with your judgment. thanks.

you'll never make this trip in 25 minutes, where did you get this info? This is a 40-45 minute drive without any traffic......for a visit to LaSalle, I would recommend that you look at hotels in the Northern Philly Suburbs of Fort Washington or Willow Grove and avoid NJ.

The Homewood Suites is part of the Hiton brand of hotels, if you do end up booking direct please use our Homewood Suites / Hilton link to begin your purchase.

Based upon the distance provided by dahammer above let us know your current thoughts.

not sure i should take a chance on hotwire with 4 people
With HOTWIRE you can search for up to quad occupancy.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

both the homestead hotel and mapquest said the average was around 25-30 mins to la salle but took your advice and after looking around the board i saw that a poster had recently won a bid at the hilton inn for $80 in university city. i was pretty sure there were only two hotels there, the sheraton which i stayed at last time and now the hilton, plus there was a two star which i didn't know it was.

so in i bid for two rooms in the university city region for $81 each, and they were accepted! there is no swimming pool but the area is nice and the going rate is at least $150. so i think i did well. btw, they even offered an extended stay at the same rate. will let you know how this compares to the sheraton, which is almost across the street.

not sure how to break this out if it needs to be reposted will ask you to do that. And yes I did use your PRICELINE link.

thanks again.

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Looks like a pretty good deal.

Glad the previous post/infomration on the board was helpful in you finding something which works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with th board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]