Hotwire Hotel: 3.5 DC (White House-Capitol Hill) Embassy Suites Convnention Center

gih2os
By gih2os,
in

I haven't used HOTWIRE before and am getting ready to purchase what I'm pretty sure is Embassy Suites based on the ammentities, location and trip advisor rating. My question relates to seasonal rates. I've read of rates at this location that are at least $50 less per night. I understand rates are higher during the week, but are they also higher during September/October?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I don't think of hotel rates in DC as a typically being 'seaonal' (although there is the cherry blossoms) but rather is more conventinal/politically driven. Assuming you're refering to the Embassy Suites Convention Center here is a PRICELINE WIN at $83/nite for this property in which hotel direct rates (for the dates of this win) are ~$200/nite. Checking rates for your own dates they're closer to $300/nite, so a rate of $189 is certainly 'reasonable' (imo) and i wouldn't necessarily be counting on rates around $100/nite. As well, if you search your dates for just the Friday nite you'll see that rates drop substantially, implying that you're likely seeing is midweek vs. weekend factors.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help (or if you'd like us to give an opinion on the hotel you're being offered).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did indeed use the HOTWIRE link from this site and got the 3.5* Embassy Suites Convention Center for $189. I am happy with the rate because I had prebooked a Hampton Inn in Arlington and was going to be paying around $100 more for our stay, even with a greatly reduced Friday night rate. This is a better option for us because we'll be much closer to the sites we will be visiting. Having a suite is so nice for our family of four and the breakfast/manager's reception are a bonus.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like this was not only cheaper than your back-up but should also work out better for your needs... a winning combination! Glad to hear you received the property you were hoping for and are happy with the results.

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase as a reply to this thread... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the follow-up.

The $1 change is minor fluctuation and likley not attributable to any change in actual deman, but more likely in the variable mark-up that HOTWIRE uses... it's not unusual to see minor fluctutions from one search to the next (when done a few hours apart from each other)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]