Priceline Hotel: Barcelona 4* or 5* 9/26-9/28, no luck yet

Savi424
By Savi424,
in

I have been bidding without success for a few weeks now. I need a room from 9/26-9/28 in Barcelona, prefer to be centrally located. I bid up to $240 for a 5* in Las Ramblas, last bid on 8/25. I then switched to 4* and yesterday bid $200 and was counter-offered at $225. I thought great I will get it on my next bid at $212. I tried that today and was again counter-offered, but this time at $237. At this point I don't think I am going to be saving much money using Priceline. I can get Casanova by Rafael Hotels for $248, Alexandra Hotel for $258, or Eurostars Grand Marina for $398 on Expedia or Hotels.com.

This trip is for my parents for their anniversary and I want to be sure I get a nice hotel in a central location. I was thinking of bidding $260 for a 5* tomorrow and if that fails bid $218 for a 4*, or are there any other options that you can recommend for me?

BTW, Hotwire has 4.5* Marina-Downtown-Las Ramblas for $379, not much of a bargain there.

Thank you, I usually get a nice deal through PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, but this time it has been difficult.

I have tried for Barca before and not had much luck. Perhaps there is not a big PL inventory?

I have had success in Barcelona on Priceline for earlier in September, also when I was there in July this year. I am not having much luck now though!

I think for the time being there isn't too much "depth of inventory" in Barcelona, from the standpoint that not too many hotels are currently participating in PRICELINE's Name Your Own Price. If the handful of hotelsl don't offer inventory to PRICELINE (or HOTWIRE) due to their comfort level with their own occupancy levels for these particular dates, then it may be easy to find similar deals for similarly rated properties thru non-opaque means.

If you do book thru other means, please be sure to consult our support page where we have many hotel-direct and agency links, including Hotels.com (and most Hotels.com bookings are now refundable, so it may also pay to continue the checking PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, if that is indeed the case for the property you book)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]