Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (CPS) Le Parker Meridien

idolmind86
By idolmind86,
in

As I posted in my thread in the PRICELINE subforum I have to split my vacation hotel stay up because the dates 9/17 and 9/18 are really expensive in the city proper. I was wondering where would be a good place to stay outside of Manhattan proper that has easy island access but still will afford a cheap hotel stay. I'd like to stay under 200 dollars a night.

I'm flying in to JFK but don't really care where I stay as long as it has good city access. Also, I'll have no car so I won't be able to get from the hotel to public transportation unless it is walking distance.

From snooping around other threads it looks like Hoboken is a good idea but would somewhere else be better? I'm nervous on bidding on priceline because I don't want to end up far away from public transportation and am wondering if this will be a problem as well.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can I reactivate this topic?

Let's go to NY in 5 people, 2 couples and a child, and thus can not room through Priceline because we are not sure how many beds in the room.

So where can I stay near NYC with easy access and safe with rate than USD100 per room? Thank you. :)

Oh let the period of 09Dec the 16Dez, and the boy is 14 years.

We will arrive in NEWARK.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I've completely forgotten about this thread. I believe I've been to NY twice since I posted this.

For this stay I ended up attempting to stay with a friend in Queens in what ended up being a very less than desirable situation. After the first night I used the PRICELINE links from here and ended up booking the Parker Meridien for the next night (9/18) at $150 a night.

Since then I've found that if I am unable to book a good rate before my stay in the city I will use something like quickbook hotels and book a cancellable reservation. By doing so I have always been able to book a cheaper four star hotel in the city (although sometimes it comes down to the wire, and frequently it will be split among multiple hotels).

Sorry I am unable to comment on the original topic of the thread. Like I said, I tried staying with a friend in Queens and ended up "sleeping" on the floor of a strangers house with people coming and going all night long. That morning I immediately booked a hotel in the city.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]