different pick up /drop off city

iamfrugal
By iamfrugal,
in

For one way rentals HOTWIRE will direct you to Expedia.

PRICELINE offers one-way rentals in a limited number of city pairs, but the cities above happen to be one of them :)

To try on priceline do the following:

1) click this Priceline Car Rental Link

2) DON"T use the search box but instead click the CARS link at the top of the page

3) enter the locations and dates that you want and click the search button

4) a grid will be shown with 'retail' rates, but on the top left corner of the grid will be a link to "Name Your Own Price" for the criteria you select

5) when placing your bid make sure that the cities tranferred correctly (and it indicates the city pair you indicated and not a roundtrip rental)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

Sorry to rehash an old thread - my question is just based on this concept...

A lot of the rental car companies obviously charge a drop fee for one way rentals. Is this included in your Priceline bid?

I have a few one way rentals I would like to make in my upcoming holiday - the first of which is picking up at LAX on March 30 at 10:00am, and returning to Las Vegas Airport at 10:00am on April 2. So a 3 day rental. Several of the companies I have looked at charge a $150 drop fee.

Is a potential drop fee included in the final priceline price? Or is this excluded and not known until you get to the counter? Any savings would be well and truly lost if when I picked up the car they charged me a $150 drop fee.

Any help appreciated...

Currently from PRICELINE's help section:

One-way reservations are currently limited to airport locations only (for example, pick-up at Orlando International Airport and drop-off at Miami International Airport.) There may also be a "drop-off" fee charged by the rental car company.
(italics added by me)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]