Priceline Hotel: 3* Somerset-Brunswick (Somerville-Bridgewater) Marriott Bridgewater

BHL
By BHL,
in

This Thursday the 28th, I'm driving with a friend from Nashville to New York City. Friday we're going to a couple places around NYC. Saturday, we're going to Dorney Park in Allentown, PA. So I'm looking for a place to Thr, Fri, and Sat. nights. I'm wondering if staying somewhere in PA, on/near our our initial route from Nashville to NYC, would be safer and cheaper than staying in NJ, closer to NYC. Per google maps, we would be going I-81 through Harrisburg, then I-78 through Allentown. If nothing else, maybe Allentown (2 hr from NYC) or Easton, PA)? There's a winning bid post for a 3* Allentown for $65 in July. But I realize this is a holiday weekend, and it's very late notice, so might be more expensive, or nothing available.

Or better, can someone can recommend an area closer to NYC either in PA or NJ? I don't know anything about which areas are safe (if priceline even has hotels on those areas). How about something in NY off I-287, not too far from I-78?

FYI, if I found an area closer to NYC, I would be staying there Thr and Fri night, and looking for a separate hotel close to/in Dorney Park/Allentown for Sat. night. Else if it's closer to Allentown than NYC, I'd try to stay there all 3 nights.

Hope that's not too confusing, and I hope asking about areas to stay in is allowed on this board.

Which day(s) will you actually be visiting Manhattan?

Much will be dictated by your budget, what are you expecting to spend per nite and what is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- ... and please follow-up your previous Priceline Valdosta thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Manhattan will be just the Friday (one day) mentioned (29th).

I usually pay a little more and try to get a 3*, but 2.5* is OK and the minimum. Looking at the prices, it seems Somerset NJ isn't too bad. I got a little antsy, so went ahead and posted a bidding strategy request in the NJ forum. Hopefully that's a good area. That area certainly isn't too far away. If bidding doesn't work out (too expensive, sold out), I'll just (hopefully) stay in Allentown PA.

I'm looking for bidding assistance for a last minute trip (yes, tomorrow) for Priceline's Somerset - Brunswick area, for only the "Clinton - Lebanon", "Somerville - Bridgewater", or "Basking Ridge" areas. Is $60 possible as a max bid for a 3*? If so, use that. Eventually, anything up to $80 is fine with me, else I'll just probably just go with the 2.5* at $89 and bypass PL fees and hassle. Here are the current rates:

Somerset - Brunswick (Clinton - Lebanon)

3* Holiday Inn Select (Clinton) - $137

2.5* Courtyard by Marriott (Lebanon) - $89

Somerset - Brunswick (Somerville - Bridgewater)

3* Marriott Bridgewater - $104

2.5* Sierra Suites (Branchburg) - $89 *now called Hotel Sierra

2.5* Summerfield Suites (Bridgewater?) - Thr $154, Fri $159

Basking Ridge

2.5* Courtyard By Marriott - $99

Please keep all posts for this stay in this thread. If you end purchasing a sub-set of your dates we'll then use this thread for the dates purchased and start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of the stay.

At the 3* level you have one re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Clinton...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Somerville...

Select 3* Basking Ridge...

Select 3* Clinton and Somerville...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Clinton and Basking Ridge...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Clinton and Somerville and Basking Ridge...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

Any questionsl free free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and it sounds as if the $89 is hotel direct purchase, if so, please check for a link in our support page if you go that route)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

EDIT: just noticed this is a two nite stay which includes a Friday nite, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? Some office parks in this area may be cheaper on the weekends and you could also try bidding $10 less than the above to begin (using invidividual dates as an chance to gain an extra bidding cycle... but i wouldn't if you're not willing to split the stay and risk two different hotels)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 3* Somerville was accepted at $55, at the Marriott Bridgewater, for 8/28-8/30 (had dates in other post that was moved to here). :)

FYI, the reason I started a new thread for my bidding is because I decided to bid in NJ instead of PA for these dates.

Thanks!

Now to work on the Allentown PA stay (8/30-8/31).

Congratulations on your success!

At just about half price this looks like a very nice deal and based upon your post above should will work well for your needs. Hopefully you're happy with the results and we're glad to have helped.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]