Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Market-Financial District) Hilton Financial

akjaybo74
By akjaybo74,
in

Why does priceline have different messages regarding requests? I recently tried using priceline using tips from this forum for a hotel from August 28 to September 2. For a majority of the responses from priceline, I received a message stating that it was a duplicate request. Once in awhile the message would say that my offer was not accepted and to make a change to my request. Is there a reason for the two different messages?

My choices for area were: Boston Waterfront, Cambridge, Copley Square, and Qunicy Market-Financial District.

I also tried choosing either a 3 star or 4 star rating hotel.

My price range for my requests were low, ranging from $80 to $130.

Thanks in advance.

For a majority of the responses from priceline, I received a message stating that it was a duplicate request

You can only make the same request once every 24 hours... and only changing the price doesn't count as a differnt request. You need to either change your check-in date, check-out date, or lower your star rating.

If you think you submitted different bids and changed something other than the price, let us know exactly the zones, star rating, and bid amounts you selected each time.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

If you let us know your maximum bid, the zone(s) you're willing to accept, and your minimum star rating we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My maximum bid would be $125 for either a 3 star or 4 star hotel in these zones: Cambridge, Quincy Market-Financial District, and Copley Square. Earlier I followed this strategy:

At the 3* level you have three re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Copley Square...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Quincy Market...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Copley Square and Quincy Market...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

I'd either add Quincy Market-Financial District, then added Cambridge. Or I added Cambridge first and then Quincy Market-Financial Distict

Yes, those would be duplicate bids... there is nothing 'unique' about bidding:

Cambridge and Quincy

vs.

Quincy and Cambridge

You need to get up to speed regarding re-bidding, which is detailed here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Please read the above link and then either confirm your re-bid zones with the board (you have three re-bid zones at the 3* level) OR ask questions if you're confused. If you're really confused and can't even figure out where to start, post back and we'll break it down for your step-by-step.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.. glad to hear you found something which you're happy with and works well for your needs.

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase to this thread... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]