Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (Renton) Embassy Suites Seatac

jones721
By jones721,
in

Looking at 17 to 21 August and the following hotel has shown up at $65

Renton (Airport areas)

Suite, restaurant, pool, fitness, breakfast, kitchenette, business, laundry.

Any idea?

Everyone has been so helpful when booking my accommodations in San Francisco, LA and Las Vegas. Now I need to sort our my accommodation pre-cruise.

Thank you

Tracey

In this area i was able to find Embassy Suite, Homewood Suites, Springhill Suites, and DoubleTree Suites that seem that they could all fit 3.5* properties (there were others, but not that i thought could merit a 3.5* rating).

I can research further to try to narrow down this list, but before i do....

I don't know much about Seattle so i'll leave it up to our locals to comment further, but my understanding is that the area around the airport is not where you want to stay for a 4 nite stay if you plan on being a tourist and seeing the sights. Is that your intention or did you have some other plans that made you target the Renton area?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare,

Springhill Suites seems to ring a bell - I did some research a while back and came up with that one but couldn't remember the name. Have finalised almost all our plans now, apart from a 4 day period before the cruise. If we stay in Seattle for the whole time then we will hire a car and use the hotel as a base for touring the whole area, not just Seattle itself. Therefore an airport location will be fine. Another reason for the choice is the breakfast and the price. It is also by a shopping mall.

The other choice would be to have two nights in Vancouver and then 2 nights in Seattle, if it is worth the journey. I cruise out of Seattle. Perhaps someone in the area could comment on the distance (I think about 3 hours?), whether you can take a hire car over the border and if Vancouver is a good place to visit for 2 days, entirely subjective I know!

Thanks again for all your help.

Tracey

Don't know why i can't pull up all the hotels i mentioned above anymore, but in looking a bit further it seems that the Springhill Suites does not have a restaurant and the DoubleTree does not offer complimentary breakfast, so we should be able to exclude those.

My guess would be the Embassy Suites but i can't say with certainty.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Interesting, never thought of that(restaurant) But, no shuttle is mentioned and both Embassy Suites and Springhill Suites have an airport shuttle. Embassy Suites has internet and not listed on Hotwire. So . . . ? Can't be lucky enough to get the Embassy Suites again. If I bid for it in a few days time, I will post the outcome. Have sort of decided not to go to Vancouver but to have a rest instead ready for the cruise. We will have had enough travelling around in the two weeks beforehand.

Thanks,

Tracey

thereaure,

Did a lot of research into the possible hotels for the thread above but couldn't narrow it down to one - not everything matched up for all the combinations, either something missing or something extra. So, booked the 20th only to see what it was and then went back and booked the 3 nights beforehand. I know that it worked out slightly dearer that way (only $7) and I took the risk of the hotel disappearing between bookings, but didn't want to end up with some of them that were only $60/70 to start with.

So, to cut a long story short, I am VERY pleased. It was the Embassy Suites at Seatac. I am thrilled. Indoor pool, breakfast and evening drinks, two rooms (suite) and all the extras that Embassy Suites seem to offer.

Total cost was $298 (if booked at once) or $305 because I did it in two stages. Wish I had trusted your instincts, ES was your guess. Only thing that was missing was the Airport Shuttle icon. That confused me! Website rate is at least double, almost triple Hotwire rates in this instance.

Thanks again for all your help.

Tracey

Hotel won from 17 to 21 August in Renton (Airport areas) Seattle for $65 per night.

Embassy Suites, West Valley Highway (near airport)

Icons,

Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Breakfast, Kitchenette, Business, Laundry.

Interestingly enough, ES websites advertises a complimentary airport shuttle, yet it is missing from the icons above.

Website prices for those dates, cheapest $163.

Tracey

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]