Priceline Hotel: New User Question

vanclan
By vanclan,
in

Just tried my first bid on Priceline. After figuring out how to get my Canadian address in, I bid on Toldeo Perrysberg Aug 20-22, 2 star 2 rooms. (We are planning a visit to Cedar Point...but I've read Sandusky is almost impossible on priceline.) I know the bid was very low...but I was just trying it out to see if I could actually get a bid in. Lo and behold they said I needed to add $6.00. I thought this must be the "counterbid" I had heard read about....and I know that often you don't have to bid the full counter bid. I tried 27.00 and that was rejected

1. should I have bid the entire counter offer?

I added a zone and bid again...and it was rejected outright.....but it didn't say anything about waiting the 72 hours.

2. Do I just wait and try again in 72 hours...will it let me rebid then?

Sorry for the basic questions.....if I get a room, I'll be sure and let you know so you can add it to your hotel list.

As I understood it, it said that I didn't need to change anything except my bid when it gave the counter offer. So I stayed with I stayed with the same zone(Perrysberg) same star level (2 star) and increased my bid by $2.00 (the counter offer was for $6.00.) I think I'm being too cheap :)

If you are given a counter-offer and don't change anything except your price you will be rejected. The counter-offer, and the ability to bid again without changing anything except price, is contingent upon you raising your bid the amount they indicate.

You don't have any re-bid zones available at the 2* level, so I would recommend waiting 72 hours and trying $32, if that's rejected wait another 72 hours and try $34, if that's rejected wait another 72 hours and try $35 (if your main concern, as it appears, is to get the absolute lowest price and save a buck or two).

If you didn't want to bid as high as $35 post back with your maximum bid amount and we'll suggest an alternate strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]