Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Secaucus-North Bergen) Holiday Inn Harmon Meadow

ostrakon
By ostrakon,
in

I tried bidding for 2.5* at both north bergen and jersey city and I even went to $102 for this 3-night stay. I finally decided to try the 3* ones from $113 at north bergen and it was accepted.

I just called for two double beds but the clerk told me there's no garantee for that. :)

I wouldn't hold my expectations high for this hotel from the reviews here. Just hope it is clean and safe and worth the penny.

I have a question here: the clerk told me there's a bus one block away to NYC, which costs $3.5 one way. Is there other cheaper public transportation available near this hotel? Thanks :)

the bus fare is $3.15 each way, unless you are a child, disabled or aged 62 and above, then the fare is $1.40. There is a family saver rate on weekends (which I assume is Saturday and Sunday) where an adult can take up to two children ages 5-11 for free. Here is the schedule for the Route 320 Bus. This schedule claims that the Holiday Inn Gift Shop sells bus tickets.

How many are in your party?

I've stayed here two or three times and never had a problem. Yes, the staff is indifferent and desk clerks appear distracted and don't wear a uniform, but my room was fine and large. I had some spotty internet issues, but parking is free on the top level of a parking deck about a 1/2 block away across from the front entrance, or you can valet for $8....yea, right! I think I may have even scored free breakfast for being a Priority Club member.

I would call the hotel in the late morning of your arrival, ask the clerk to confirm your reservation ask to add your priority club number to the reservation (they may balk because "its prepaid through PRICELINE", but you can still earn points for incidentals) and ask for a room with two beds. When checking in, just approach the desk alone, don't bring the rest of your party, and remember to smile :) as the clerk is your new best friend and can help you get what you want.

Next to Jersey City, this is the most convenient location for visiting NYC on a budget.

• 4 weeks later...

An update to our stay there:

1. Friendly staff: he gave us two queen beds and a free breakfast buffet coupon

2. Decent hotel room: spacious, clean, and quiet

3. Convenient transportation: the hotel gift shop sells tickets for Bus 320. In 20 min (weekdays, 30 min on weekends), the bus comes in front of the hotel. In 20 min, the bus arrives at NYC port authority

We are very satisfied with the stay at this hotel, which made our NYC trip easier.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]