Hotwire Hotel: 4* Rio Grande-Humacao Wyndham Rio Mar

tk4books
By tk4books,
in

Received an email for a Hotwire rate on the 4* Rio Grande resort, chose my dates and it came up $99/night. That was on 8/09, checked again on 8/10 and the rate was $93/night but I was booking for dd and sil so I had to wait for their blessing. Kept checking (using the better bidding HOTWIRE link) and the rate was still $99 per night when I searched 1/11/09 thru 1/18 or 1/19/09, but if I put in one less day (to 1/17) the rate jumped to $212/night. After some internet connection problems, I ended up calling Hotwire and booking over the phone, got the $99/night rate and no surprise that it was the Wyndham Rio Mar. I took the travel insurance for $39 and it totaled $1029 for 8 nights. They are thrilled. This will be their (delayed) honeymoon, and the resort looks amazing. We were originally looking at Fajardo or a condo in Luquillo. Air Tran had a discount for the Rio Mar, same rate of $99/night, but it wasn't available for the dates I needed. This is my first HOTWIRE transaction although I book travel for friends and family regularly. With the Rio Grande area, there are only a couple resorts, so it wasn't much of a risk with a 4* rating, had to be Rio Mar or Gran Melia, I thought.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... glad the board was helpful in your purchase.

Can you please add the amenities that were shown before your purchase (assuming you set up an acccount) you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]