Priceline Hotel: bidding in Boston - what happens when you stop bidding

venter
By venter,
in

tough crowd in boston.. I've been bidding on 3 and 4 star hotels with no success. My last offer was $150 dollars and was rejected. I left it at that. Is that offer now finished with?

Do you always get an accept/decline to your offer immediately or can it be left open (overnight for example)?

When I try again tomorrow will I be starting from Scratch again?

You bid is a one time event... you place your bid and once you hear back it's "done". There is now way to keep your bid alive for an extended period of time (nor would you want to... better to start over again and resuming your bidding sequence so that you have a chance at a lower acceptance than your last bid)

Often PRICELINE will send you an email (after 24 hours) informing you that you're eligible to bid again, if you do receive such an email please don't click the links in their email but rather come back here and start with the PRICELINEs links here on the board.

What are the dates you're bidding for? Which zone(s) did you include in your bidding? Do you have a back-up reservation anywhere?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is now way to keep your bid alive for an extended period of time (nor would you want to... better to start over again and resuming your bidding sequence so that you have a chance at a lower acceptance than your last bid)

I thought that was the case.

I'm bidding for Sep 16,17&18. I normally start with Quincy Market, then add Copley, followed by Cambridge,somerville and Brighton/brookline.

I was hoping to get the Hilton in the financial district ( it was won recently for $105)

I reduced the star rating to 3 as well as reducing the number of night to Sep 16 & 17 and still nothing. (I went as far as $150 for the 4* hotels and as far as $135 when i included the 3* hotels0

I'll probably book something on Hotels.com or one of those over the weekend just in case. Boston is expensive!!!

Please note, as per our support page, that we're an affiliate of Hotels.com as well as most other hotel chains and agencies... please use our link to begin your reservations.

You may also want to try Quickbook which sometimes has good rates and most are fully cancellable without penalty (although their 'specialty' is NYC) and i believe most PRICELINE hotels (on the 'retail' side... not the 'name your own price') are now fully cancellable without penalty (but doublecheck yourself if you go that route))

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]