Priceline Hotel: 3* Eagle County-Summit County (Vail) Evergreen Lodge at Vail

deenajr
By deenajr,
in

OK folks, I'm freaking out here. The Google reviews are so-so. Am I seriously stuck with a room that looks stuck in the early 90s with no AC for our second anniversary? AAAAAAAGH! Please tell me it isn't going to be as bad as it looks like it might be.

I probably totally overpaid too, I've never used PRICELINE before. It rejected my bids up to $112 for a resort. I just don't have more than the $350 I budget to spend on gas/lodging.

:) Please help me stop freaking out.......

Supposed room amenaties:

Bottled water in room (complimentary)

Cable/satellite TV

Coffee/tea maker

Designer toiletries

Hair dryer

Housekeeping

Hypo-allergenic bedding available

Internet access - complimentary

Iron/ironing board

Refrigerator

Shower/tub combination

Voice mail

Wake-up calls

Welcome amenities

Window opens (so I can jump?!)

The pictures show a pool, but it's not listed anywhere. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear you're not happy with the results. Priceline states that:

Along with all of the amenities of a moderate-plus hotel, 3-star hotels offer a higher level of guest service, a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and in-room dining. A fitness center may also be available.
Expedia lists that room service is seasonal and one review i read stated that there was no food service until 4pm so first step would be to call the hotel and find out if room service is available during the timeframe for which you will be there and also if there is a restaurant on the premises open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner during your dates. If not i would contact PRICELINE and let them know that this property doesn't meet the qualification of a 3* property as per their definition. This would be your best angle to approach this from.

If the above doesn't qualfy (all the amenities PRICELINE states will be avaialble are indeed avaialble at this prperty) you could contact PRICELINE and challenge them on the star rating of this property based upon the reviews that you have seen... but this approach is usually unsuccessful (well under 50% of the time)

Let us know how you make out.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]