Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Pittsburgh (Airport PIT) Courtyard

dizy
By dizy,
in

Looking for 2 rooms for a 1-night stay on 8/16 to see a baseball game. Downtown or Greentree or University area would all be acceptable (though might be nice to stay outside of downtown to avoid possible parking charges). Don't want to be too far from DT since the kids will be exhausted after the game! Looks like people typically get good deals, but so far I have bid 3* up to $65 with no luck. Is something going on in town that night? Should I wait and try again or bid higher? Any advice would be welcome! Thanks.

Something is happening (at least downtown) during these dates... the Sheraton and Omni are both sold-out, although the Marriott still has rooms available (and prices there aren't too bad at $189)

I think you have a chance at something reasonable, what is your maximum bid? Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is the first few days of move in week for pretty much all universities in the area. That means the rates are up pretty high and most hotels in the univeristy area are almost full. You should be able to get something but you might have to go out a little farther for the price you are trying.

I hadn't thought of the college kids moving in! I guess I am willing to go to $85 if necessary. There is a hotwire price showing $66 at last check for what is probably the Holiday Inn Airport. I was hoping not to have to go out to the airport area, but if it is too expensive I will.

I am guessing the Greentree area might be easier than the University area for the reasons stated above. I believe I have exhausted my free rebids until late tonight, so if you suggest a strategy, I will use it then.

Also, a general PL question - what do they consider the "same bid" withing 24 hours? I mean, I understand the free rebid idea, but if I put in a different name (my husband's) or a different CC number or email address, do they think it is a different person?

Thanks!

2.5* Courtyard by Marriott Pitt Airport

$33 ... 8/16/08-8/17/08

(cannot figure out how to edit topic title?)

Decided to do the extra driving out to the airport area to save $:

Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Airport

2rooms @33 for 1 night = $66

Taxes and fees= $16.98

Total = $82.98

Placed the bid through your PRICELINE link. Thanks.

Thanks for reporting your winning bid, the airport is a short drive from downtown, so the savings will get you a couple of Permante Brothers sandwiches! That looks like a great rate for a Courtyard. Driving into Pittsburgh from the airport is an experience since you can't see the city as its blocked by a hill, then you drive through the tunnel, and BAM ... the entire city is laid out right in front of you, its like the city has a front door!

thanks for using the links!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]