Priceline Hotel: 3* Tacoma (Auburn-Federal Way) Clarion Tacoma

Buyorsell888
By Buyorsell888,
in

For Aug 13-18 I bid $47 on 2.5* in Renton and was rejected. I added the airport and raised to $48 and was rejected. I changed my check in to the 14th and bid $49 and was rejected.

I'm not very experienced at this and not sure where to go now.

I vastly prefer the 2.5*s in Renton to the 3* Holiday Inn formerly Select. I had a bad experience there but it would be acceptable.

The 3*s at the airport almost all have high parking fees so not really a big bargain.

Hotwire is showing 2.5* in Renton for only $43 but I'm sure it is the formerly Studios Plus now ESA Deluxe and I simply refuse to stay there again. 3*s are well over $100 which I simply cannot do.

3*s are well over $100 which I simply cannot do

There is a wide margin between the $100 which is over your budget and the $49 you have already bid... what is your maximum bid for this stay?

Are these the only two acceptable zones? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- keep in mind that when you bid 2.5* you could be upgraded to a higher rated hotel... so if you're upgraded to a 3* in the Airport zone you could still face parking charges, even though you bid 2.5*

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Used PRICELINE link on this site to bid for 2.5* in Federal Way/Auburn. $49 was rejected, $52 was rejected but $56 was accepted and upgraded to 3* Clarion.

I am very happy to stay at the Clarion, the reviews on it are great. I was hoping for it when I bid in this zone.

I used the Extend Your Stay feature to add the 13th as I had to change check in and check out dates to rebid because I could not add another zone and risk staying in it. I am working in South Seattle during this time and this area is already a longer drive than I normally have. I wanted to add Renton/Kent but the choice wasn't given. I assume because Priceline considers Federal Way/Auburn Tacoma and not Seattle.

My boss reimburses up to $50 a night and I hosed myself on the Doubletree at the airport in April so I needed to stay within budget this time but I will not stay at any of the ESA properties, I've had major problems with them.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you're happy with the results and this fits well with both your plans and your budget. I'm sure there are a lot of areas where it's tough to come in under the $50 reimbursement rate.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]