looking for a Jersey City hotel as a cheaper alternative to visit NYC

my dates are 13SEP till 22SEP

can settle for either :

Hyatt Regency

Doubletree

Courtyard

Candlewood

- have tried for the entire period for up to $ 150 and failed

- have then tried to split the period into 2 parts and bidded up to $140 and failed

- have tried to slpit into 3 parts periods - 2x weekends and 5 days weekdays - also failed anything till $ 130

is my bidding prices too low - any ideas what bid i should be prepared to make to make it succeed ?

thanks

Nightly rates at the Hyatt thoughout your stay are each at $300+ with some of the nites higher than $600+.

There are some rates at the Courtyard for a subset of your stay as low as $209/nite but this is higher than you've bid already so not sure if you're willing to go this high or not.

Will you have a car during this trip? Will you be heading to NYC everyday or do you have other plans in the area?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, your bid are currently too low for this area for this time of year (can't say if they'll go down or not between now and your stay, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for further info)

Day trips into Manhattan... or a few day trips in Manhattan and other day trips elsewhere OR just day trips into the city?

Since you'll have a car, how about some nites in Secaucus, North Bergen, Rutherford, Meadowlands? These areas usually provide decent access (via bus) to Manhattan, although a handful hotels don't have bus access 'right at the door'... but this shouldn't be an issue for you on NYC days since you have a car you can always go to the Park N Ride and take the bus from there. As well, there will be a charge to park at the Jersey City hotels, while (afaik) all the hotels in the other zones above don't charge for parking.

Thoughts?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]