Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago Suburbs (Arlington Heights) Sheraton Suites Elk Grove

michd16164
By michd16164,
in

Hi. Just want to say this web site is great, I am so glad I stumbled on it!

I need help identifying a hotel in Arlington Heights/Elk Grove Village IL.

It is a 3.5 star.

Dates are Aug 31- Sept. 3, 2007.

Rate on Hotwire is $59.

Amenities include: Suite, fitness center, pool, restaurtant, laundry, internet and golf nearby.

It is a customer favorite.

I am new to Hotwire and Priceline. Any info you could provide on which hotel it may be would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!... we're glad you stumbled upon us too :)

The above is a match for the Sheraton Suites Elk Grove so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

I need help identifying this hotel please.

Elk Grove Village IL (Chicago suburb)

Dates of stay Aug 29- Sept 1, 2008

3 1/2 star

rate $49

suite, pool, fitness center, restaurant, laundry, high speed internet, golf nearby

I was thinking it might be the Sheraton Suites, can anyone confirm? Has anyone stayed there lately?

Thanks!

Yes, I believe this is the Sheraton Suites. I have stayed there many times, but not since they renovated their rooms. I will be staying there this weekend and will post a review afterwards. In the meantime, you might want to check out the recent reviews on Trip Advisor - most are very favorable. The property itself is very nice - indoor & outdoor pools - kind of quiet and secluded (except for the airplanes flying over - LOL.) But easy access to I-90 and Woodfield Mall. The rooms really needed an update, so I am looking forward to seeing how they turned out.

Just a quick note - checked in a little while ago and rooms are awesome. But no microwave as some of the reviews on Trip Advisor indicated. And be forewarned that the common areas of the hotel are currently being renovated INCLUDING the indoor pool and spa (so they are off limits.) Thank goodness there is an outdoor pool as well or my kids would be very upset. Will write a full review after check out.

I am looking for help identifying a couple of hotels for a weekend with the kids. The dates are August 29-Sept 1. I am looking for a property with an indoor pool.

Vernon Hills 3* $49

Suite, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, guest laundry, wifi, golf nearby

I am guessing that this is the Hotel Indigo but Priceline lists the Hotel Indigo as a 2 1/2* and I was only able to find on review on it.

Any comments?

Buffalo Grove/Arlington Heights North 3* $39

fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry, tennis, golf

This one has me stumped! I wondered if it could be the Courtyard?

Can anyone identify?

I had previously posted regarding Elk Grove Village and I did update that post that I would not be going that route as the indoor pool is closed.

Does anyone know if I would be close to a train station to downtown if I stayed in Vernon Hills or Arlington heights North? Thanks for all the help!

If the pool was listed as an amenity and wasn't open, couldn't one get a refund from HW?

They also have an outdoor pool so I would guess not. Since you never know about the weather I would really like to have an indoor pool. If you have any suggestions in the suburbs for a good hotel let know know. I am not picky as to which suburb.

If you're wanting to go downtown, I'd rather suggest something at least a little closer to the city - vernon hills is quite a ways. Be back in a minute with a few suggestions.

There is a 3.5* in Northbrook on Hotwire for $49 with pool, which I'm guessing is the Hyatt Deerfield. I'd recommend that, as it would be a nice, somewhat more upscale possibility not as far out as Vernon Hills or Arlington Heights. The Hyatt Deerfield is not far from the Lake Cook Road Metra station. (which you can see here: http://www.metrarail.com/Sched/md_n/lakecook.shtml)

If this is of interest, please use the site's HOTWIRE link (click the HOTWIRE) to start your purchase.

Please report which hotel it is, and after that I would be happy to provide more specific directions.

This would also not be too far from the Chicago Botanic Gardens (chicagobotanic.org, which - despite the name - is in the 'burb of Glencoe), as well. The Botanic is beautiful in late Aug.

The Ravinia Music Festival (ravinia.org) is also a little further beyond the Botanic.

3* Sheraton Suites Elk Grove Village $55 8/29/08 to 9/1/08

Used the PRICELINE link.

Bid Arlington Heights zone for $33, rejected.

Added Algonqin (free rebid) for $40 rejected.

Added St. Charles (free rebid) for 45 rejected.

Added Aurora (free rebid) for $50, recieved counter offer of $64.

Started over using Arlington Heights and Elmhurst (free rebid) won it for $55.

Sheraton Suites was posted on Hoitwire yesterday for $49, it jumped to $65 today. There indoor pool was closed for renovation, it is now open. I guessing that is the reason for the quick price jump. Good deal anyway! Thanks for everyone's help.

I did follow up on my previous Hotwire post.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]