Priceline Hotel: Flagstaff

amanda
By amanda,
in

HI. I haven't ever bidded but this sounds interesting. I need one night for myself & 3 kids in Flagstaff on the way to visit the Grand Canyon. Has anyone successfully bid through Priceline for a 3*?? If so, which hotels, what prices should I expect to be accepted for mid-July? Suggestions on the best way to figure out which hotel is being offered or which areas of Flagstaff to select would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see hotels that have come up in this area in our PRICELINE LIST and our HOTWIRE LIST.

I don't know how old your 3 kids are, but i'll add that both Priceline and Hotwire only guarantee double occupancy. I don't think it would be too much of a problem in this area, although one of our board locals can probably respond better to that, as well as give you an idea of the best zone for your plans.

Once you figure out what zone(s) are appropriate for your stay, let us know the actual date(s) of your stay and we'll recommend a bidding strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I've actually changed the plans a bit. I'd like to stay at the Pointe South Mountain Resort in Phoenix. July 12-15 (3 nights). If I pick a 4* what are my chances of getting that place?? Any suggestions on price, strategy? Thanks :)

I really hope to get the Pointe South Mountain Resort in Phoenix thru Priceline. I saw on PL a resort in "Central Phoenix" that was 4.5 *'s - could that be the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak? Does anyone know which zone would most likely get me Pointe So. Mt., and if so, has anyone won a bid there? For how much? I will be there 3 nights - 7/12-7/15. I need a quick answer please. Thanks!

I saw on PL a resort in "Central Phoenix" that was 4.5 *'s - could that be the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak?

Not really sure how that can be as Priceline doesn't use the 4.5* category.

We have not yet seen the property you mentioned above come up on Priceline, although it has been 'identified' on Hotwire, although i didn't see it appear for your dates.

I also think you're going about this in the wrong way... this area has so many Resort class hotels that you're more likely than not to be disappointed if you have your heart set on a specific property.

If price is the absolute primary factor than i would bid on Priceline (we can recommend a strategy to follow once you decide upon the zone, star level, maximum bid, etc.) If you're more concered with the actual hotel you will receive, than i would try to use our HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST to see if you would be happy with any of the properties that come up on your Hotwire search (but realize you can never be 100% certain of the hotel before purchase, as there could always be other properties with the same exact star rating and amenities that we don't yet know about).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My mistake - it was HOTWIRE that I saw a 4.5 rating. Basically I'm looking for a resort that offers a great variety of water fun (pools, slides, lazy river, etc) for kids ages 10-14. I'll be leaving Monday, 7/12, for 3 nights. I have a AAA price of $134 plus the $16 resort fee for Pointe South Mountain Resort in Phoenix. Do you think I could do better with Hotwire or PL considering what I'm looking for?? Thanks again :)

Well if you click this Expedia link you'll find the Pointe South Mountain Resort offered for $93/nite... a substantial savings over your AAA rate.

I also found what i believe to be the Hyatt Regency for under $120/nite... a hotel that boasts 10 pools can't be a bad place for kids! (nor could their offering a 'kids camp' make it a bad place for their parents! :))

Both sound like excellent choices!

Let us know what you decide to do.

On PL the only resorts that come up in this zone (Tempe ASU)are Point South Mountain and the Wyndham buttes.The buttes can be had for about $50-$60 per night and the point from about $80 up.I would call all the resorts direct that you want to stay at and ask about specials.This is off season and deals are great here right now.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]