Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland) Crowne Plaza

wishing2008
By wishing2008,
in

Hi, I'm new to Better Bidding. It's a great resource to get info/advice from people!

I'm planning a vacation to Disneyland, either 8/18-8/24 or in September for 2 adults & 1 toddler and would like to stay at a higher end 3.5 star hotel like the Hyatt Orange County.

1. Is HOTWIRE or PL better for a 6 day trip? PL just list all their hotels as 3 star and I don't want to get stuck with a lower 3 star hotel like the Holiday Inn Ann. Res.

-I've noticed that people have been winning short stays (nothing more than 3 days) at PL for around $50 during August, but at the Hol. Inn & Res. I understand that with PRICELINE, you're just bidding for the zone, not the hotel.

- At HOTWIRE, I've figured out, based on the amenities that the HOC is going for $89/nt. (My sister got $65 for HOC from PL last summer.)

2. Does PL pick the same hotel over and over for certain period and then switch?

3. How much should I start the bidding for the 3 star if I go the PL route? My limit is $69, hopefully the hotel doesn't have resort fees.

- I've checked the rates for some of the lower 3 stars hotels directly from their websites (Hol. Inn Ann. Res. $89, Anabella $104) and the higher 3 stars (HOC $134, Sheraton Park $149, Anaheim Marriott $259)

4. How many days prior to my vacation should I bid on PL? How long should I wait if I use HW?

5. Lastly, will September be a lot cheaper for these sites? Or are the rates fairly stable?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Since there are hotel(s) in the zone at the 3* level that you wouldn't want to stay at then i don't think PRICELINE is a good option for this stay... better to use HOTWIRE where you have a chance at avoiding any properties that you are trying to avoid. This may cost a little more than PRICELINE but you have a much better chance at getting what you want (or not getting what you don't want, as the case may be)

Start by doing a HOTWIRE search for your dates... doesn't anything come up in either Disneyland zone at your desired star level and within your budget? If so, what are the details of that property(s) (star rating, zone, amenities shown, and price)

What are the actual dates(s) of your stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

8/18 Mon. - 8/22 Fri. Orange County, Disneyland South

Hyatt Orange County $62/nt. via Hotwire

Amenities:

-Fitness Center

-Pool

-Restaurant

-Business Center

-High Speed Internet

-Golf nearby

-Tennis nearby

Trip Advisor 4 out of 5 as of July '08

Looking to book the remainder of my trip 8/22 Fri. - 8/24 Sun. via Priceline. Any suggestions for bidding?

Tried $45, 47 & 49, no luck.

Thank you.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear of your success! I noticed this stay is much shorter than the dates you originally inquired about, did you cut your short trip or decide to split your stay?

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just returned from my stay at the Crowne Plaza. Nice looking hotel, it says that it's a non-smoking hotel. But really it's not. There are way too many designated areas for smokers & way too many smokers!! I would think twice about this place because of it.

Someone even smoked in the hallway to avoid the $150/day that the hotel charges if they catch any one violating their "non-smoking" room policy. The smoke stayed in our room for up to 1/2 hour. Horrible smell!!!! Also, one mother was smoking in the pool area w/her children!!

$12/day resort fee. Again no refrigerator.

(Since I stayed at the Hyatt OC for the first part of my trip, I can say that the HYATT OC is definitely a NICER HOTEL OVERALL!! Try to stay there if you can.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]