Hotwire Hotel: Need a 4-person room in NYC

EIAlfonso
By EIAlfonso,
in

I know that there are no guarantees that I will be receiving a 4 occupancy room with a winning bid. But is there any way to make sure that the hotel I receive has quad occupancy rooms. Is it safe to assume that all 4star hotels have some rooms that accomodate 4 ?

I'm trying to get a 4 star in NYC 7/20-7/24 and pay less than $140 (not including taxes), 2adults, 2 children (8 and 12)

Prefer to stay near Times Square, but will accept any zone except lower Manhattan

Thanks for your help, great forum.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not all 4* hotels in NYC have rooms that can accomodate 4 people... therefore what you are trying to do can be risky given your situation. Even if the hotel you book does have rooms that can accomodate 4 people, it may not qualify as their 'standard room' which is what Priceline books for you. It's also not safe to assume that if a quad room is available, you will be able to upgrade... even for an additional fee.

Have you checked prices for your dates yet? You may find that traditional rates are in the $250+ range, which would make getting 2 rooms on Priceline about the same cost as one traditional booking.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes a 4* hotel is in the $250+ retail range, which is a bit more than I want pay. I would like to keep the hotel cost under $180/night

I don't mind staying at a 3* hotel, if I'm confident it's worthy of the three stars.

When I look at a service like priceline I generally shoot a little higher for quality(4*) because it almost guarantees that I won't be disappointed with the hotel.

I'll keep looking to see what's out there on the retail end and maybe try some lowball bids for two rooms with priceline. What do I have to lose?

Thanks for your insight, I'll keep you posted if I make any bids.

This just in, Manhattan is expensive :)

Yes, Manhattan is certainly an expensive town!!

If you can't seem to find reasonable rates i would take another look at Jeresey City. If you invision you and your family (with kids, so i understand) needing to return to the hotel multiple times throughout the day than it's not a great option, but if you 'leave in the morning, see the sights, and then return and nite' it's a great, less expensive, option (not to mention the money saved on a few meals that you can eat in NJ rather than NY).

I'd certainly try NYC first before trying for Jersey City because i you put it, 'there's nothting to lose'.

Before you bid let us know and we'll suggest a bidding strategy.

Keep us updated if you find any alternatives.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]