Priceline Hotel: Orlando WDW Resort Question

reavtrain
By reavtrain,
in

I just began using priceline in the last few weeks and got a really good deal on a rental car in Minnesota so I am trying to use it to plan a vacation with my girlfriend to Orlando at the begining of Oct.

Using the advice of this bulletin board I have already begun bidding for my trip. 48hrs ago I began bidding at $50 and went up to $70 using my 8 free rebids in this zone for this rating. I am excited to try again after I get back from another trip this weekend. I think that I may start at $58 and go up to $74 since they kept on asking me if I was sure that I wanted to bid so low when I bid below $58.

My question is regarding my dates of stay. I am staying over a weekend but checking in on Friday and leaving on Monday. Are these dates going to cost me more money since they are over a weekend? Would you suggest splitting up the dates and possibly staying at 2 different hotels?

Second is there any overlap between priceline and hotwire on the availability of hotels for specific dates? I typed my dates into hotwire and there was only 1 of the 5 priceline resort level hotels offering anything on hotwire for my specific dates.

Otherwise I would apreciate any other suggestions that anyone has regarding my trip. I hope to spend some time at a Disney World park and would like suggestions regarding park-hopper passes.

I am very excited for the trip and just read the thread on tipping the front desk for upgrades. I am probably going to try it. Has anyone been successful in Orlando doing this?

Thanks for all the advice

PS - Go Blue (class of 2000)

Chris

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Always happy to see another wolverine on the board! :)

Regarding your Friday-Monday stay... please post the actual dates involved and we'll research them to determine if splitting is a good option or not. Rates, both Priceline and conventional, are based upon supply vs. demand factors so we'll look take a closer look at what the situation looks like for each nite of your stay. This will also give us the information we need in order to supply a bidding strategy for you.

There is some overlap between Priceline and Hotwire, but the way Hotwire is set-up they will only show you one hotel per star level in each zone (so you'll never see two 4* hotels offered in the WDW area... but you could see a 4* in the WDW area and a 4* in the Univeral Studios zone).

Lastly, your prior rejected bids up to $70.... were they all for a Resort class hotel?

GO BLUE!!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In response to the questions that you raised in your reply:

The dates in question are for Friday Sept. 30 through Monday Oct. 4

The bids up to $70 were indeed all for resort level hotels. I never got an instant offer back from priceline for any of the bids that I put in.

I appreciate all the help. I have some down time right now and am going to try my bid strategy again.

Chris

Not sure in what increments you raised your bid amount with the re-bids, but it may just be too early for the very low deals, but we have also seen times where it takes up to $85 for a Resort in this area.

If you're willing to bid that high at this point, this is how i would proceed:

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $76, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $79, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $82, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $85.

Thru some research i'm thinking that the Wyndham, which is probably the most popular hotel to come up in this zone at the resort level, is not available at the above prices (so if successful there is a chance it will be some other resort property)

Good Luck and when you report back, if rejected please let us know how high you went.

Any questions let us know.

PS- sorry i missed your dates in the sub-topic line... i'm not dumb (maybe blind at times) and i did really graduate from Michigan :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]