Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Hotel 41 At Times Square MTS March 27-29 $75

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

I bid this for some friends from Sweden.

First choice the 2.5* MTS Murray Hill Suites which sleeps 4 people and usually goes for $60. Than tried two rooms with many last minute bids up to $85 for 4*.

Finally, got this hotel which looks amazing BUT can not accomadate 4 people. So we bid another room and ended up with a different hotel.

I was just there to visit ... the front desk person said the Priceline customers usually come down screaming after seeing their room. They try and upgrade as much as possible BUT even still, the slightly bigger room is very small.

They also used to get many PL customers but it has greatly reduced ... perhaps because so many other hotels have dropped their acceptance rates as we have seen.

This hotel offers free cappucinno 24 hours a day, a designer bottle of water at check-in, a glass of wine, free choice of 50 latest DVD's and over 100 CD's for their in-room DVD players and they also offer free internet in the rooms. In the morining, they have a selection of pastries and free papers.

Priceline customers usually come down screaming after seeing their room. They try and upgrade as much as possible BUT even still, the slightly bigger room is very small.

I bet that's the case at most NYC hotels, regardless of how the reservation was made! :)

I live in the area so i don't typically visit hotel room in NYC, but the last time i recall being in one i knew what to expect, and even i was surprised how small it was.

Although the room is small, it sounds like this hotel actually has some nice perks.

Good work chatting up the front desk clerk!

As always, thanks for the posts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This property has gotten some favorable words at Fodor's from a few folks who stayed there. Only complaint was the small size of the rooms but hotel rooms do tend to be small in NYC. Couldn't be any smaller than the room I had once at the Park Ave South HoJo - it was so small that the only place one could stand to change clothes was at the end of the bed in front of the bathroom door. Not a big deal for some of us - when I used to visit NYC and stay in hotels the last thign I did was hang out in the room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]