Priceline Hotel: 3* Lake Placid (9/9 - 9/12), advice

KL803
By KL803,
in

Hi Folks

I just need one more hotel to finalize my holiday (won already in Washington DC, Boston and Secaucus, NJ). This looks to be a tricky one: Lake Placid, NY, 9/9/08-9/12/08. Bid many times up to $ 100 for 2* and 3* without success. Hotwire has only a 3* available for now $ 203 (was $ 186 about a week ago) which seems to be the Crown Plaza.

I just don't want to spend a lot of $$$ there, maybe $60-$70. Any recommendations? BTW, I don't really like to split my booking...

Thanks a lot!

Michael

I'm not very familiar with this area or what you're seeking from this stay, but Expedia has the Spruce Lodge Bed & Breakfast & Guest Cottage for just $65/nite and has a $50 gas card available (may only be US residents though, you'll have to check the terms). I don't know anything about this place or exactly how far you it is from where you need to be in Lake Placid, but the reviews (not very recent) seem pretty good (even if the pics looks a little 'plain').

This isn't my style so i'm not necessarily recommending it, but if price is the primary factor and you just need a place to sleep, perhaps this will do?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]