Priceline stays and Hyatt Gold Passport

cityfishing
By cityfishing,
in

Hyatt usually runs promotions that give extra bonus points for stays at certain hotels. I assume it is usually done for properties with expected low occupancy rates. Do PL stays qualify for these offers? Usually you have to enter a code like GP1000 or GP2000 when making a regular reservation. You can also request it when checking in but have not tried it in conjuction with a PL booked room. Has anyone tried this and been successful? Hyatt has usually been pretty friendly to PL customers giving them both stay credits and points for incidentals.

Hyatt usually runs promotions that give extra bonus points for stays at certain hotels. I assume it is usually done for properties with expected low occupancy rates. Do PL stays qualify for these offers? Usually you have to enter a code like GP1000 or GP2000 when making a regular reservation. You can also request it when checking in but have not tried it in conjuction with a PL booked room. Has anyone tried this and been successful? Hyatt has usually been pretty friendly to PL customers giving them both stay credits and points for incidentals.

It will never hurt to ask the front desk personnel when checking out to add the appropriate bonus point amount to the bonus field of the folio.

• 2 weeks later...

I never do this, however, because Hyatt is already nice enough to give us GP credit for all incidental points as well as stay credits that count toward Faster Free Nights and other promotions. I also got the 10,000 point stay-3-times Platinum promotion. AND they honor my Platinum amenity certificate on PL stays. Given all that, I think it's asking too much to get the few bonuses they don't give.

I think hotturnip was referring to a promotion that was targeted to both Gold Passport Diamond and Platinum members.

As a Diamond member, I got the following:

Earn 15,000 Bonus Points After 5 Stays

You're automatically registered to earn 15,000 bonus points. Simply complete 5 stays at any Hyatt worldwide between March 15 and May 31, 2004, and receive 15,000 bonus points towards free nights.

Platinum had an equivalent 10,000 Bonus Points After 3 Stays.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]