Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Monterey (Monterey-Pacific Grove) Best Western Victorian Inn

vayla
By vayla,
in

First bid of $90 for a 3* was rejected. Then rebid using the Marina option and went up to $95, which was also rejected. Then rebid with the 2.5* option and went up to $96. Got the Victorian Inn. I need to get another room for only one night, so I will start a little lower and see how that goes.

Thanks BB!! Used your PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your win!

When i first saw how you bid this i was afraid it was an overbid (see: If You Lower Your Star Rating Then Lower Your Bid Price) but in checking rates for the above dates i see that a hotel direct purchase starts at $159/nite, so when it's all said and done it looks like a pretty good deal.

Thank you for sharing your win with teh board and for using our PRICELINE links ot begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay. (if you need help with bidding for the addtional nite feel free to start a NEW TOPIC)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I realize that it was risky to raise my bid when I dropped down to 2-1/2*, but I was hoping to get bumped to a 3* so that is why I went up a $1. I did look at what the 2-1/2* were going for and they seemed in the same ballpark, so I took the risk. When I went back to try and get another room, I started at $92 and was rejected. I rebid at $96 and was rejected again! I must have gotten the last two rooms. I will keep trying.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]