Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (St Germain-Latin Quarter-Montparnasse) Marriott Rive Gauche

aacree
By aacree,
in

Hello,

My wife and I are going to be staying in Paris for three nights (Sept. 28-Oct. 1). I wanted to find out which areas I should search on PRICELINE. We would like to be able to get to the sights/places below easily.

We want to do at least the following while in Paris:

Louvre

Eiffel Tower

Notre-Dame

Champs-Elysees

Arc de Triomphe

Versailles

I was considering searching in zone 3 (Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West) & 6(Opera Quarter East - Les Halles). I think I want to bid 4* because I have read that 3* is not that great in France.

My budget is flexible. I figure at least PRICELINE can save me some money. I would guess that I would prefer the $150-200 per night range.

Thanks,

Anthony

I was considering searching in zone 3 & 6.
Please use the actual names of the PRICELINE zones...this way those who know this area best can get right into helping, rather than having to go look up which zones are numbered #3 and #6 (and if they don't have time to do so they may just go on to the next post)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please use the actual names of the PRICELINE zones...this way those who know this area best can get right into helping, rather than having to go look up which zones are numbered #3 and #6 (and if they don't have time to do so they may just go on to the next post)

Thanks for the advice - I didn't think about adding the names.

I think those zones are good choices. Opera Quarter East is the most central. Have you also looked at HOTWIRE, which allows you to make finer distinctions?

Be sure to read the reviews of the 4* hotels that have been won in these zones. I think they are reasonably good, but there have been some complaints, so just ensure you would be happy getting any of the known hotels (of course, an unknown hotel is always possible if not likely).

Also, I'd suggest you book a cancellable backup hotel, because those are busy and expensive Paris dates, and then you'll be able to make an informed decision about your target price.

For Priceline, St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse can work quite well too. The Marriott Rive Gauche is a bit non-central (as are some Opera Quarter West hotels). At the risk of being redundant, I would avoid Eiffel Tower - Grenelle - Montparnasse, because of the risk of getting the Pullman (ex Sofitel) Rive Gauche, which is actually outside Paris, although there are several nice hotels with okay locations in that zone.

Selected 4* OQE

Bid $140, rejected. add re-bid zone

Bid $150, rejected.

Select 4* St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse.

Bid $140, rejected. add re-bid zone

Bid $150, rejected.

Select 4* OQE and St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse.

Bid $155, rejected.

Bid $160. Accepted.

We used the PRICELINE link from betterbidding.

Hopefully this is an okay hotel with a good location.

I really appreciate this board, it is very helpful.

Thanks,

Anthony

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]