Hotwire Hotel: 4* Paris (Louve-Marais) Westin

Rhine-and-Roses
By Rhine-and-Roses,
in

I tried bidding $101 for St Germain/Montparnasse, hoping for the ever-reliable Marriott Rive Gauche. Added free bid Batignolles and went to $111. Still not accepted. Added Champs-Elysees at $119, feeling fairly certain if they were to take the bid, it would not be Champs Elysees at that price. Rejected in both zones, and of course the "free rebid" zone as well.

Will try again each month until I (hopefully) get something. I'll check the hotel web site so see if there is some Congres going on at that time...

We ended up deciding to go with the Westin on Hotwire, which was properly identified by its amenities on Better Bidding. They allowed us to add a teen to the room for the same $266 per night they were asking for two adults. We are happy with the location, and not having to book two rooms, although it is a little more expensive than we had previously paid for two rooms at Marriott Rive Gauche. (Too bad they were not coming back with a positive Priceline response.) I used the HOTWIRE link on BB. Glad to get this out of the way and not have to think about it again until next year.

Yes, I booked for June 2009. I am aware that Paris hotels are not always easy to book at that time of year. Although this was not the incredible bargain I've booked before in Paris, it is a sure thing, and not having any clue which way the dollar will go, I'm comfortable with paying more than I have in the past. Not having to book a separate room for a teen in a room alone adds to the plus side. Also, the location makes it more convenient for the tourist circuit. although I dread the drive in to central Paris. Marriott Rive Gauche is just a minute off the Peripherique- this one looks harder to navigate.

I've had good luck with the Westins I've stayed at in the past.

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using our HOTWIRE links. It wasn't clear which zone you won the Westin in so can you confirm that the following is correct:

4* Paris (Louve - Marais) Westin

Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Business, Laundry

Thanks!! Enjoy your stay and have a great time in Paris... plenty fo time now to research your itinerary.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I would like to give anyone looking at the Westin Paris a little information. A month ago I emailed them to remind them we needed a room for three, as booked. I was worried that we would get there and the hotel would be overbooked and we would be moved- so I was starting early reminding them so that would not happen. They informed me there would be an additional fee of 80euro for the teen. I send them copies of my Hotwire booking, including the third person. They would not budge. After five or six emails, I called Hotwire, who told me to pay the fee and send it to them for reimbursement. I was fine with that. Then suddenly Westin wrote to me and told me they could not confirm anything on my reservation until they straightened things out with Hotwire. THis was three weeks ago, and they (Westin) have not responded to my two emails asking for an update.

Since their TripAdvisor reviews have LOTS of problems noted, this is making me a little nervous. Take heed if you book a teen in a room in Europe. I have to confess at the time I was surprised they would take a 17 year old in the room for the same price.

Assuming you want this reservation, i'd try writing the hotel and let them know that you straightened it out with HOTWIRE on your own and would like to confirm your reservation and that you will be paying the upgrade fee... then just have HOTWIRE reimburse you upon your return (and of course, save the emails with each)

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

To follow up on the Westin Paris booking- when we got there, we did indeed have to pay the extra 80 euro per night for the teen. I applied for a refund and HOTWIRE reimbursed me this week. They also gave me some hot dollars for the inconvenience.

The inconvenience got worse before we got there. There had been a strike at the hotel, which I found out about by accident. I called the hotel three days before our arrival and they told us the strike was already over.

Then two days before we were to go, Westin emailed that the hotel was on strike and they were forced to cancel my reservation. It was dated AFTER the telephone conversation I had with the Westin employee who had told me the strike was over. I cannot help but believe they were trying to cancel me and resell the room at a higher rate. (There was a HUGE wedding on the property, as well as several aviation groups who were there for the Paris Airshow.)

Despite the reservation NIGHTMARE, the hotel was really beautiful and in a great location.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]