Priceline Hotel: Need help

Hsalinas3
By Hsalinas3,
in

Any suggestions? I bid for *4, downtown, started at 60, like so may have posted getting. Rejected asked to change things and rebid, did so various times, adding, south, lake travis, southwest. Also increased each $ time and got as high as 88 with no luck. Help! This is for 08/01/08 through 08/03/08.

I was offered the chance to rebid

Were you given a counter-offer giving you the chance to bid again by increasing your bid by $xx amount or did you receive an email that it's been 24 hours since your last bid and you're eligible to try again?

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates don't appear too high for your dates, but the ultra-low rate others have received doesn't seem to be available for your dates.

How high are you willing to bid?

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in the Downtown-Town Lake zone (Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby) for $65/nite for which our best guess is the Hilton Garden Inn) or a 4* (Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business) for $109 for which our best guess would be the Hyatt.

You can either go wiht one of the above or increase your bid a little and continue to try for the Hyatt via PRICELINE.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Interestingly enough my 4* in Downtown /Townlake, which I gathered was the Hyatt is showing $199. The 3.5 * in the downtown/townlake area, Hilton Garden Inn (tennis) is $94.

I actually got these rates by clicking on the HOTWIRE link provided. Is something wrong with the geographic area that I am bidding from?

I actually got these rates by clicking on the HOTWIRE link provided. Is something wrong with the geographic area that I am bidding from?

I'm searching for 1 rooms and 2adults/0children for a 2nite stay of 8/1-8/3... is that the search criteria you're using?

The 4* does not appear now when searching for 2 rooms (4adults/0children) but there is a 4.5* offered for $123/nite... do you see that on a current HOTWIRE search (use this HOTWIRE link and on the ensuing page you'll be able to enter the number of rooms, adults, and children)

The 4* does not appear now when searching for 2 rooms (4adults/0children) but there is a 4.5* offered for $123/nite... do you see that on a current HOTWIRE search (use this HOTWIRE link and on the ensuing page you'll be able to enter the number of rooms, adults, and children)

Thank you so much for trying to help. I think I am going to give up on PRICELINE and stick to HOTWIRE, which was what I had used in the past.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]