Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Secaucus-Meadowlands) Sheraton Meadowlands

greatrockies
By greatrockies,
in

Hi thereuare,

I know you are local to this area. Need your help in getting 3* or 2.5* in Harman Meadow area for family of 2 adults and 2 children. is priceline is risky for 4 of us in one room? and please provide advice to get one of those hotels in harman meadow close to NJ 320 bus? Based on the history on these * hotels i won't go beyond $110

Need 2 consective nights and flexible with dates from 07/28 to 07/31. I was trying hotwire too but it seems like its hard to get 2 consective nights during my dates - seems like something is going on in meadowland sports complex??

Thanks

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are playing at Giant Stadium July 27, 28, 31. If you bid on Priceline, you are guaranteed sleeping accomodations for two, this could be a King or a Queen, so you would have to request a room with two doubles. Some Kings may have pull out sofa beds, as is the case with the LaQuinta and Courtyard but this is not guaranteed. PS, the 2* on HOTWIRE for $79 with the Laundry amenity is likely the Extended Stay America in Rutherford, not my favorite, but its a lot better than some of the other rates. Good Luck!

There is also currently a 3.5* on HOTWIRE for $95 when searching 2adults/2children (Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf) believed to be the Sheraton. This property is not in the Harmon Meadow area but the hotel does offer a shuttle (fixed schedule) to the bus stop and the train station if that would work for your needs. As well, if you have a car you can drive to the nearby Park N Ride (5 minute drive away) and take the bus into the city and not have to worry about the hotel shuttle schedule upon your return.

Would this work for your needs?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare & dahammer for your response

Thats exactly what i did. Booked sheraton for $95 and planning to use their shuttle to secaucus plaza for bus to NYC. Park & ride may be full during my weekdays trip. Am i right on Park & ride assumption it being full on weekdays by 10AM-11AM?

Also wanted to let other reviewers know that booked Sheraton in Atlantic city as well for 07/31 night in $100 ( i know i could have got it for$80 or cheaper on priceline what because of children with me preferred to get gurrenteed accomodation for all of us)

Keep up the good work guys.

PS: booked HOTWIRE from the links from Betterbidding.com

Congratulations on your success!

I don't think the Park N Ride fills up that quickly (if at all...although i live close to the city than this Park N Ride so never had a need to take it) but you could call NJ Transit and ask them of it's an issue.

Can you please indicate which set of dates you decided upon so that we add them to the topic title and have the correct dates appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Glad to see that you received the hotel you were expecting and that thank you for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- please start a NEW TOPIC for your Atlantic City purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you please indicate which set of dates you decided upon so that we add them to the topic title and have the correct dates appear
I got it at HOTWIRE for $95 for July 29 and 30th.
please start a NEW TOPIC for your Atlantic City purchase.
I will.

Also wanted to let you all know that i tried bidding on priceline as well for 3* and 2.5*

Did all the bidding on sunday july 27th.

For July 28-29th

83-91-104-111-123 but none accepted. using 2 re-bid jones for total combinations of 4 rebids and the final one for 2.5* just for secaucus-north burgen zone.

For July 29-30th

101-127-137-149-161 but none accepted. using 2 re-bid jones for total combinations of 4 rebids and the final one for 2.5* just for secaucus-north burgen zone.

But after the failed bids above checked the HOTWIRE and right away booked it for 95 For July 29-30th. Eventhough this rate on HOTWIRE was not available sunday morning july 27th.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]