Priceline Hotel: SF 7/25-7/28..Please Help Advise

JosephfromLA
By JosephfromLA,
in

I live in Los Angeles and want to take my wife up to San Francisco this upcoming weekend. Both her and I have never been there. We just really want to walk around the whole city, do touristy things, nothing in specific. We were looking to spend anywhere between100-150$/night on a 3* or 4* hotel and were planning to go from 7/25-7/28 for a total of three nights (checking out on the 28th). Does anyone have suggestions on if you think those are realistic expectations and what you think the best strategy would be to get that deal. I've never used Priceline or Hotwire before and after reading some of your posts, you all seem like experts on the process. Any help would be appreciate. Thank you so much in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't seen it yet, this is a good thread to start which explains how PRICELINE and HOTWIRE work, as well as the similarities and differences between the two.

Most users typcically bid the USE zone, followed by the USW and Fisherman Wharf zones. The USE and USW zones for the most part have good access to the BART train system and are considered 'downtown', while there are no BART stations near the Fisherman Wharf zone (although trollys and busses do service this area) and this area is considered 'more touristy'.

Searching HOTWIRE nothing appears in either of the zones above within your star rating and budget (although not too far off) so you can do a search and see if anything there is of interest to you OR if you'd like to give PRICELINE a try let us know which zone(s) you're willing to accept and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for replying!! I decided that I'd be willing to up the budget even to 175/200 a night but still cant seem to find many decent options at this price. I haven't bid on priceline yet, I thought I'd wait for advice from you so here are the zones I'd accept. USE, USW, Fishermans Wharf, Lombard Street Area, Cathedral Hill, and Civic Center Area. Please advise me how you think best to get the best rate at the best hotel this weekend. Thanks again so much. Also, I'll be having a car with me, do you know what it might cost a night for parking? Have a great day!

Thanks,

Joseph

If you search HOTWIRE (please use this link) you'll find a few options in the zones above within your budget...

There is a 3.5* in the Wharf zone for $183/nite (best guess Sheraton Fishermans Wharf), a 3.5* in the USE zone for $199 (best guess Galleria Park), a 3* in the Civic Center South zone for $169/nite (best guess the Whitcomb)... you can try for one of the above properties if you want to have a reasonable guess as to what hotel you might receive (or try to target one of the above) OR you can try to do a little better by bidding on PRICELINE

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly. (if you want one of the above let us know the amenities assocated with the property before your make your purchase and we'll confirm it's the hotel we saw on our own search... or you can match them with the listings in the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]