Hotwire Hotel: Maui July 20-27

lovinlife!
By lovinlife!,
in

I hope that I am doing this correctly. I just found this sight and registered. I went onto Hotwire and looked up places in Maui, HI for July 20-27. I found a 4* condo in Ka'anapali for $173.

Here are the amenities:

beachfront,

studio,

fully equip. kitchen,

daily housekeeping,

A/C,

children's activity program,

fitness center,

pool(s),

restaurants,

24 hour front desk,

laundry,

high speed internet access.

tennis nearby,

Cust reviews on tripadvisor 4.0 out of 5.0 Again this is for a condo. And I did put in for a family of 2 adults, 2 children...although they listed a studio, I'm assuming that this will accomodate all of us?

My questions: With this info, does anyone have any clues to which property in Ka'anapali this might be?

Also, if you know which property this is, do you have any clue if they have an addit. resort fee?

Someone made a comment on another post about how they searched and the price had gone down...is this done by putting in different dates or just by researching on Hotwire at different times of the day, or different days?

This date is right around the corner, have any of you experienced better rates right before the stay date (for when they are trying to unload all their vacancies)?

Thank you for any info that you have. I apologize if I didn't put this on the correct forum...I have never posted anything, anywhere before so this is learning something new for me!

Wow, I just read your welcome email and went back to the main page of this website and used your link to HOTWIRE and ended up getting a better price...$152 for what looks like the same condo in Ka'anapali for the same dates.

All the other info is the same from the last post.

Do you think this $20. savings is because on their direct website they ask for the number of persons in the room (which we have 2 adults/ 2 kids) and this direct link to HOTWIRE only asks for the dates? If I used this direct link vs. Hotwires website would we be charged for the additional 2 kids? Would they accomodate us for 4 instead of 2 ?...this is one reason I don't like bidding on PRICELINE since I have heard people say that they have had to buy another room at rack rates.

Thank you for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The property above is a match for the ResortQuest Kaanapali Shores so that would be our best guess.

If you will be 2adults/2children i would click this HOTWIRE link and enter the correct number of guests if you want to ensure that there are no issues. HOTWIRE guarantees that there will be sleeping accomodations for everyone you include in your search (this coudl include a pull-out couch as the 'second bed')

Nobody can say if the rate will go up or down between now and your stay, but i'm sure the hotel has a very good idea of what their occupancy will be for the week commencing two days from now and i wouldn't expect any major changes.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I use this link for the HOTWIRE...I don't see where you can put in the info for the 2 kids. I went through the process of getting this condo and got to the page where you put in your cc info and chickened out since I still didn't see it. I know on the regular HOTWIRE.com you put the info in right away when you put in your location and dates. Does anyone know for sure that after I put in my cc # that it will request # in my party. I don't want to bid on something and then have them say it is only good for 2 people.

Thank you for any help.

The search box at the top of the page defaults to 2adults.

If you have more than that use this HOTWIRE link and where you enter your information, under the dates, you can select the actual number of adults/children.

As well, after you do the search the details of your search (city, dates, #adults, #children) is shown near the top of the HOTWIRE page (just above the box which shows all the results)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]