Pick up in Fort Lauderdale and drop off in Miami

William W
By William W,
in

You can bid on this one way rental and you will only have to pay the amount shown as the total on the PRICELINE confirmation page before placing your bid. (excluding insurance, car seat, etc, etc and any other optional things you may choose to elect)

However, it's not easy to find out how to bid on a way rental but follow these steps:

1) click this PRICELINE link

2) click "Car Rentals" at the top of the page

3) click the link "Select Different PickUp/DropOff locations" (under where you enter the pickup/dropoff location)

4) enter the details of your rental and click SEARCH

5) this will give you priceline's "retail" prices, but then you can click the link in the top left corner of the grid "Name Your Own Price"

Make sure all the parameters of your rental transfered correctly.

Let us know if you need help with a bidding strategy.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From your other post i assume you need the rental 11/27-11/28? (is 11/27 Thanksgiving Day?)

What size car do you need? What is the best rate you're able to find using the Car Rental Rate Checker?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The rental will be for Nov 28-29. A day after thanksgiving. I will be flying into Fort Lauderdale on the 28th, rent the car to the hotel, the next day, it will be to Miami. I figure this may be easier than to catch the shuttle from airport to hotel, and than to get a limo ride from the hotel to the port. Or will that option be easier?

I will probably need a compact, as we will only be carrying 2 pieces of luggage. And the prices ranges from $54 to $85.

I will be flying into Fort Lauderdale on the 28th, rent the car to the hotel, the next day, it will be to Miami. I figure this may be easier than to catch the shuttle from airport to hotel, and than to get a limo ride from the hotel to the port. Or will that option be easier?

Did you see my recommendation how i would handle this scenario? Is this not an option?

Did you see my recommendation how i would handle this scenario? Is this not an option?

Yes, that is an option. However, I will be traveling with a 2 years old. I have never travel with him this far for this long a day. We will probably start our day at around 9-10am, to catch a flight from Syracuse, so by the time we get in to FLL, he would have been already been on the road for 9+ hours. I just thought it may be easier for him, or more for us, to get to the hotel rather than being in the car for another 45 minutes with most likely a cranky toddler. Though in the big scheme of things, 45 minutes may not be that bad.

You know your child best, but in my experience, the day is arleady 'runied' as a travel day and better to start the next day getting on the ship rather than starting an hour long journey to the ship (which may just seem like the start of a new 'travel day' for a child)

As well, if you take a shuttle/taxi directly from FLL to MIA, it's time saved that you don't need to go to the rental counter and deal with renting the car. I'm guessing a taxi will run about $85 and there are 'shared ride shuttle' for about $21/person... if you don't have to pay for the toddler (i'm not sure if you will or won't, you'll need to call a few companies to find out policies) then getting to Miami via shuttle may be much more cost effective and convenient.

Let us know once you decide how and when you want to get to Miami and we'll take it from there.

On a positive note, our kids handle airfare travel pretty well... so don't worry too much about it, just bring lots of toys :)

I'm trying to do the same thing. (One way from FLL to MIA in October, Priceline bid.)

But I get the following error: "Unfortunately, our Name Your Own Price service was unable to locate an available rental car for the area and dates you selected."

Should I keep trying or is my request hopeless? Any other ways I can get a good deal without using Priceline? Most searches are $40 to $50/day, even with corporate discount. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]