Priceline Hotel: amsterdam bidding strategy help

misstina
By misstina,
in

:)

hi all - could someone advise a bidding startegy for 5 star in prague? Happy to pay up to $150 us before taxes per night - dates are 24 and 25 october. Would prefer tourist central area...maybe a strategy with 5 star and dropping to 4 star might work best??? any advice greatly appreciated

Have you tried the suggested bidding for your Priceline Prague and Priceline London stays yet? Please update each of those threads with any progress you have made/tried and then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

really want to stick to city centre south and city centre/museum quarter - ie zones one and two...having not ever been to amsterdam and only being there for 2 days i dont want to spend a lot of time on public transport ...but i have no idea what transport in amsterdam is like...

If you want a central location, I'd skip City Center South. And I'd probably suggest HOTWIRE to increase your chances of focusing in on a really centrally located hotel, because bidding on Priceline in the City Center/Museum zone could give you the 4* Movenpick or the 5* Hilton, neither of which I consider that central. They're fine hotels, based on reviews, but you would lose some time in transit.

Transit in Amsterdam is mainly by tram, although there are some buses and a metro system. I suggest getting a strippenkart at the train station. Amsterdam is also very walkable.

I second WillTravel - city centre is the most fun zone to be in.

However, as said, A'dam is easy to walk around (and if you're able to the best way to get around).

Public transport is good (trams is easiest) and very frequent, try to get some information on tram lines at the Centraal Station.

Can't recommend any hotels or bidding strategy for you as I never stay in a hotel so close to my home :)

Did you want to first try up to your limit for a 5* or are you looking for the least expensive 4* or better property?

Based upon WillTravel's advice above, did you check HOTWIRE to see if anything appears within your budget.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hi - as it seems the winning posts for amsterdam get the same price for both 5 and 4 star hotels - could you help with a strategy for 5 star first up to $150 then 4 star also up to this??..will look at hotwire but does not have either the moevenpick or grand hotel k in your list - only hilton 4.5*

We'll start with a 5* strategy and then if that is rejected we'll revise to try for a 4* property.

At the 5* level you have three re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 5* City Center - Museum Quarter...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* City Center - Museum Quarter and re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* City Center - Museum Quarter and rebid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* City Center - Museum Quarter and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150

Any questionsl feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]