Priceline Hotel: 3* Winnipeg Holiday Inn and Suites

MJRBIM
By MJRBIM,
in

Last minute/Same day bid because my travel plans were changed and I got burned...totally my own fault.

1st Bid = 3* Winnipeg Airport @ $35 - Declined

2nd Bid = added 2.5* @ $35 - Declined

3rd Bid = added Winnipeg South @ $40 - Declined

4th Bid = added Winnipeg DT @ $40 - Accepted, with a bump to a 3*

I was hoping to hit one of the Sheraton hotels (either DT or at the Airport), or the Hampton Inn - as I know they have high-speed internet in all the rooms, and I need to work from the hotel for the next couple of days.

Instead, I got the Holiday Inn And Suites DT - which it turns out ONLY has high-speed in it's "suites"...so at 11:00 PM last-night when I checked-in, I had to pay a $60 CDN per night upgrade to get a suite.

HOTWIRE had a 3.5* (which has been reported as the Sheraton DT) at $73 US per night - which would have saved me money over this trip...and the Hampton Inn website had a pre-paid at $90 CDN.

Lesson learned....the Hampton Inn pre-paid would have been my best option (and I would have earned some Hilton points).

==================

Check-In Date: Sunday, June 27, 2004

Check-Out Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Hotel Name:

Holiday Inn And Suites Winnipeg

360 Colony Street

Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2P3

204-786-7011

Your Offer Price: $40.00 (US dollars)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $120.00 (US dollars)

Taxes and Service Fees: $17.15 (US dollars)

Total Charges: $137.15 (US dollars)

==================

Best rate on the Holiday Inn site was a pre-paid at $89.21 (CDN)/$65.68 (US)

Sorry to hear this didn't work out the best for you, sometimes only hindsight tells us what the best course of action would have been.

With hotels that are near office buildings and in major metro areas sometimes you can find a 'free' wireless signal, but probably not reliable enough for you if you needed the signal for business purposes.

Hope you enjoyed the added comfort of a suite!

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]