Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Seattle (Renton) Extended Stay Deluxe

eartha
By eartha,
in

I mentioned this in a reply to another post just now, but I guess it deserves it's own topic for searching reasons. I saw a listing on Hotwire for a 2.5* in Renton at $43/night. It seemed too good to be true! That should have been my first clue. :) I was booking for my MIL and wanted to book ANY hotel other than the Extended Stay America because she stayed there last time and hated it. My bids for a 3* at Priceline were being rejected (last bid was $64/night), and both this board and the other bidding help board list the Extended Stay in Renton as a 2*. I thought it odd that this board didn't list a 2.5* in Renton at all, but several of the example brands that Hotwire lists as 2.5* are in the area so it was very plausible that it was a different hotel so I booked it. But, no, I managed to book the ONLY hotel that I was trying to avoid. I feel so defeated! Hotwire is lying when it says this hotel is 2.5*. It is a solid 2* and THAT'S IT! I'm already emailed them to complain, but I know that will accomplish nothing. Now I have to tell my hubby where his mother is going to be staying. *sigh* And deal with her staying there. *double sigh*

Mods, please update your hotel list to show that Hotwire thinks this is a 2.5*. FYI, I used your HOTWIRE link to book it.

There are actually two Extended Stay properties in this zone...

The Extended StayAmerica Tukwila and the Extended Stay Deluxe in Renton... can you please indicate wihch one you received and the amentieis shown before your purchase. You can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Once we know which property you received we'll be in a better position to comment regarding any potential recourse you may have.

Thanks for sharing your results with the board and for using our HOTWIRE link.

EDIT TO ADD: based upon the pool icon i suspect that you received the Extended StayDeluxe and have reflect this i your topic title... is this correct? Is this the hotel your mother in law had an issue with? (or was it the 'regular' Extended Stay in Tukwila)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It is the Extended Stay Deluxe Seattle - Renton. This is most definitely the one hotel I was trying to avoid. Even the "lesser" Extended StayAmerica would have been highly preferable because it wouldn't have the emotional baggage attached to it.

Hotwire replied to my complaint and said that they reviewed the rating for this hotel on June 12, 2008 and rate it as a 2.5*. This was my first time using HOTWIRE and I don't think I will use them again if rating inflation is that rampant. Their example properties are grossly misleading from what was actually booked.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]