Priceline Hotel: 2* Fresno (Pinedale) Extended StayAmerica North

pterrell
By pterrell,
in

Time for another trek to the hometown...and a revisit to the ESA.

HOTWIRE showed LQ at a higher than usual price, and then it disappeared, so I didn't put much hope on that.

The wife didn't like the smaller sized TV in the ESA from the last visit, so I tried to get a 2.5* or 3.0*. The HI and 4 Points were on HOTWIRE for $109. Started bidding at $45 and stopped at $60, using all the rebid zones that Fresno has to offer.

I decided to see if I could beat last time bid for ESA and got accepted at $42 after a reject at $40. As to the small TV, I'm upgrading my parents to a new digital HDTV, so maybe I can setup their old analog TV for the two nights. And of course the ESA has that all important fridge and microwave...

And of course I used the BetterBidding links to PRICELINE to get things going... :)

Your Offer Price: $42.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $84.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $18.39

Total Charges*: $102.39

I had problems with the Internet on both nights, which delayed me in the morning. So I asked for a late check out and was given to 1:00pm. (I was told the previous visit that noon was the latest late check out.)

When I checked out at 1:00pm, the clerk asked about the stay, I commented about the Internet problems, so she refunded the $4.99 charge.

And the location being across town again worked out: the wife found a used item on Craigslist that she really wanted and it turned out that the seller lived just a few blocks from the ESA.

The wife didn't like the smaller sized TV in the ESA from the last visit

The small TVs are another thing I don't like about ESA. They're about the smallest TVs I've seen in a hotel. ESA is just cheap and ungenerous. And what's with the 11am checkout? They only clean the rooms once a week. It's not like they need you out early because the maids have so many rooms to clean. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]