Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Intercontinental

awebber
By awebber,
in

Needed a room for tonight (6/24) and best I could find was a government rate C$159 at most of the 3* and $179 at the 4* downtown.

Decided to try Priceline. Determined I get SEVEN free rebids on 4* (only the Airport zone has a 4*) and TWO free rebids on 3*.

With a target of U$85 I decided to bid on 4* 50-55-60-65-70-75-80-85. Refused at $50 but was offered an immediate rebid at $64. Smelling a rat, I figured that meant I'd get something for $63 or less.

Added Brampton for $55, refused.

Added Don Valley for $60, accepted at U$60, Intercontinental at 220 Bloor W. I was hoping for the King Eddy or Hilton for proximity to the Yonge subway, but Bloor St. works really well for other purposes.

Free high-speed wired internet in the room was a bonus, $7 for 1L of naivE water in the room was laughable. The only downside was they put me in a smoking room but I was too tired by the time I figured it out (no ashtrays) to make them move me.

Extra fees was U$11.94, the hotel did not charge the 3% tax or anything else at checkout.

andrew

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]