Hotwire Hotel: 4* Miami (South Beach) Richmond Hotel

Kid
By Kid,
in

Hi everybody.

My wife and I are taking the little ones along to Miami during the week of Halloween. We did this last year and had an awesome time. We stayed at the South Seas Hotel on Collins near Lincoln rd. This time we figured we could do a little better as far as rating and price if we use either HOTWIRE or PRICELINE.

Can anyone recommend a 4 star or even 3 1/2 star that is somewhat family-friendly but not kid-crazy. We enjoy travelling there as a family but also appreciate what South Beach offers adults. Also not opposed to the downtown area or even Coconut Grove. I do believe the location of South Seas will be hard to beat though.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First issue is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy. You could receive a room with only one bed and the hotel would be fufilling their side of the agreement. Is this a risk you're willing to take?

If not, HOTWIRE does allow you to search for up to quad occupancy, although it's usually a little more expensive than PRICELINE.

What are the actual date(s) of your stay? What is your maximum budget for this stay? (per nite before fees and taxes) Which zones are you wiling to bid?

It also sounds if you're considering the South Seas again? If so, what is the rate for the dates of your stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply.

Our actual dates are October 29th - Novemeber 3rd, and I guess we would prefer staying in South Beach.

It would be nice to stay around $99.00. I did figure with priceline I could take the double occupancy and ask for two double beds afterwards. And yes, we would definitely consider South Seas again.

I did figure with priceline I could take the double occupancy and ask for two double beds afterwards
South Beach has many 'older' properties and you may get a hotel that only has rooms with one bed avaialble at the time you check-in OR that doesn't allow quad occupancy... are you willing to take this chance?

I'm not optimistic regarding a 4* hotel in South Beach for under $100/nite, although i do think you could likely get a hotel in one of the other areas you mentioned at that rate. What is the rate at the South Seas for the dates above?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly. If you want to still go with PRICELINE, are you interested in only bidding for the South Beach zone or are others zones also acceptable?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Last year for the same dates (booking direct) South Seas cost us about $165 pernight with AAA. I suppose I could include Miami Beach as a second zone - The palms would be okay. Also, the Intercontinental downtown would be good. I guess it's just a different atmosphere, but for the right price, I think we could be happy there too. Have any families reported problems booking double occupancy rooms with four people? You're right, I may not be comfortable if I think it will be an issue at check-in.

Have any families reported problems booking double occupancy rooms with four people?

Some users take the risk and it works out fine... but sometimes there is a problem. (usually resolved with kids sleeping on the floor or users bringing/buying an air mattress to use during their stay)

I'd probably be 'fine' using PRICELINE in a family area such as Orlando... but would never do it in an area notirous for small rooms, such as Manhattan.

Have you tried searching HOTWIRE for quad occupancy to see what, if anything, is offered and at what price?

Boutique Hotel

Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.Near Beach

Property is located within easy walking distance of a beach. Airport Shuttle

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary. High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.Golf Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one golf course; an extra charge typically applies. Tennis Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies.

Is this for the same dates as your current Priceline Miami thread? What is the number of adult/children you're including on your search?

Also, please list just the amenities (or if you're going to copy and paste, make sure that each amenity is on a new line... see how difficult the above is to read) as the above is very difficult to see the amenities of the property you're inquiring about.

Yes, the dates are from October 29th - November 3rd. Not including two kids in my priceline search.

Here are the amenities more clearly.

3* hotel South Beach Miami I.D.

Boutique Hotel

Near Beach

Airport Shuttle

Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The above HOTWIRE property is a match for the Hotel Chelsea, Whitelaw, Catalina Hotel, and Chesterfield... so any of these are likely candidates. Of these i think the Hotel Chelsea is the most likely so that would be our best guess.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Any idea on these two hotels on Hotwire for South beach? Dates 10/29/08 to 11/3/08

3.5* South Beach

Boutique Hotel

Near Beach

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access

Spa Services

3* South Beach

Boutique Hotel

Beachfront

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

The 3.5* is a match for the Clinton Hotel and Spa so that would be our best guess for that one.

I'm not seeing the 3* you have a listed on a current HOTWIRE search for your dates. If you're still seing this offered on your own HOTWIRE search, how many rooms are you searching for and how many adults/children?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]