Priceline Hotel: 4* Calgary down town 07/22 07/24 $160 bid rejected

karyt74
By karyt74,
in

Surprised but no :)

Bid $130..rejected.

Rebid with Calgary north @ $145..rejected.

Rebid with Calgary west @ $160..rejected

I will keep trying tomorrow as rack rates are much higher but these bids far exceed what has been accepted for the summer period.

determined :)

As someone who regularly travels to Calgary for business, I seriously doubt you'll get the Hyatt or the Westin on Priceline during the week for a reasonable rate. Mid week occupancy at the major downtown Calgary hotels is next to zero. It would be great for you to prove me wrong though :) and you may luck out in the summer, post Stampede period. If you are set on staying downtown, I suggest dropping your star level to 3* and try to get the Marriot. The Marriot is next door to the Hyatt and is a better than average 3*.

You could go 3* at another area of Calgary. The known PRICELINE Calgary-South hotel is the Holiday Inn. I'm not sure when it was added to the BB list but there was a Holiday Inn on 45 St and MacLeod Trail which is now a Best Western. There is a newer Holiday Inn that opened much further south but who knows if it's the same

Be careful of Calgary Airport though. The Radisson is listed as a 3* but it's barely a 2* in my opinion --noisy from airport/traffic and starting to look run down. The other 3 star is the Holiday Inn across the street which is, once again, another Holiday Inn which is in much better shape than the Radisson. However, it's just a basic 3*. The 2.5 star Country Inn at the Calgary Airport is nicer than both of the other hotels and you get a free continental breakfast; unfortunately, it is further north and I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a car.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]