LAX Los Angeles Fullsize Budget

Toby
By Toby,
in

You an ignore PRICELINE's "suggested" price.

However, using the Car Rental Price Checker best rate i'm seeing thru Hertz is $587 total for this rental. There are some "no name" companies at $370 total and HOTWIRE will give you a namebrand for $398 total.

How high are you willing to to for this rental? What is the "all-in" price for the Hertz rental you're refering to? (i assume you're using a discount code?)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did use the above link to get to PRICELINE. The all-in price from Hertz is $428 (Costco rate). As I have Hertz Gold status, it isn't worth the trouble to go through Priceline unless I can save at least $75 - $100. As I've seen successful bids in the high-teens (abeit for different dates), $25 didn't seem unreasonable. Perhaps I should wait until closer to my travel date, then up the bid to $30?

Perhaps I should wait until closer to my travel date, then up the bid to $30?
I would sooner bid half as soon as you intend, at say $28, then up your bid to $30 in the timeframe you currently intend. So as an example if you intended to bid again in a week at $30, i'd sooner bid $28 in 3 days and then try $30 4 days after that.
which is not much less than I would pay with a regular reservation through Hertz
Keep in mind that your "regular reservation" is with a membership discount code, and you should bid accordingly (ie- not too high)... but the car rental companies are basing their PRICELINE and HOTWIRE rates on 'regular' pricing.

Thank you for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]