Priceline Hotel: Thailand bidding help

SurferDude
By SurferDude,
in

Surfer, you did just fine, it was a bad(leroybrown) attempt at a joke (referenced HERE)

BBLB, please think about a new member coming to this board and after reading your post thinking they're accused of using multiple screen names.... not exactly a warm welcome nor the atmosphere we try to promote. As well, you have said that you have used Priceline in the past and we have requested that you post your winning bid(s) to the board... you still have not yet done so but instead this you find appropriate to post? :)

Surferdude, back to your bidding....

Do you have a preference over any of the zones? If so let us know and we'll work the strategy around that, otherwise if you really don't care we'll choose the zones in the order that they have historically been won with the lowest bids.

Also, we'll begin by suggesting a strategy so that you'll be at the same hotel, but since this is an extended stay (by Priceline standards) you may want to at least consider if you're willing to SPLIT YOUR BID if your bids are rejected.

Let us know and we'll proceed from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is how i would proceed:

Select 5* and

Riverside and bid $45, if rejected add...

Siam Square and bid $50.

If rejected close that browser and go back to Priceline through whatever means you did previously....

Select 5* and

Sukhumvit and bid $50, if rejected add...

Riverside and bid $55, if rejected add...

Siam Square and bid $60.

Any questions regarding the above feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare, I actually would have to disagree with your recommendation. Priceline wouldn't accept 5* bid under $55.

The current minimums are:

1* $15

2* $17

2.5* $19

3* $25

Boutique (3.5*) $50

4* $40

Resort (4.5*) $40

5* $55

These are obtained from looking at priceline's html code. The numbers on the faq on the TOBB is actually inaccurate too.

I'd start by bidding $55 Riverside.

If rejected, start a new bid for $60 Sukumvit only.

If rejected, add Riverside and bid $60.

If rejected, start a new bid for $65 Siam Square only.

If rejected, add Riverside and Sukhumvit and bid $65.

I personally think that probably won't be high enough .. and you'll probably need to wait 72 hours and bid $70 and higher.

Based upon the numbers edvyr supplied (thanks), this is how i would proceed:

Select 5* and

Riverside and bid $55

If rejected close that browser and go back to Priceline through whatever means you did previously....

Select 5* and

Siam Square and bid $55

Select 5* and

Sukhumvit and bid $55

Select 5* and

Riverside and Siam Square and bid $60

Select 5* and

Riverside and Sukhumvit and bid $65, if rejected add...

Siam Square and bid $70.

A bit more complicated, but i think logically takes you up to your $70 bid price.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Just remember that the taxes/fees will add about $17 for a one night stay. I would disagree with Edyvr on the $70 part. I stayed at the Shangri-La for the base $55 per night for two stays about 6 weeks ago. I'll be booking some more nights in the next week or so. Current winning bidding that I see is $60 or so.

As a seperate note, an Asia forum would be nice. :)

• 1 month later...

SurferDude,

Most likely you won't get a single bid accepted for your trip unless you bid rather high. I bid a lot in Bangkok, and my recent experiences are:

Sukhumvit - JW Marriott $75 is pretty much guaranteed. Fri/Sat/Sun nights very likely to get Westin/SGS for $60 (somewhat confirmed by the Westin staff - had 4 stays there recently). I have been unable to get anything lower than $75 for weekdays for a *long* time. President Solitaire serviced apartments is a good choice (Suk 11) at around 2800 baht - it's very nice and has free broadband internet. Although I just got the JW for $75, I'd say the Pres Solitaire would be a better deal unless you have Marriott status.

Riverside/Shangri-La - I haven't got anything below 65 accepted recentl. also would be curious to know if anybody has succeeded getting the Shang for a Saturday night - I have never succeeded.

I miss the days when it was either the JW or Shang for $55...

Ok, thanks guys, it looks like it was just those specific dates. I was just curious after having been denied a Saturday night 3 times at the Sha-La in the past while Fri/Sun were no prob.

Hi LHFlyer,

I just bidded and got a Saturday night stay at the Shangari-La for 8/28 at $65. Thanks for the info above on BKK bidding. I will need some additional nights and your information is useful. I also have bidded $45 but got one night at Marriott Resort (Preferred because of elite status) and another night at the Holiday Inn Silom (I really don't like it very much). Do you know of any way to get better chance at the Marriott Resort?

Thanks,

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]