Priceline Hotel: Wake forest area of Raleigh Map

mia175
By mia175,
in

I have bid $35, 37, 40, 45 and 51 for a 2 star hotel in the wake forest area of Raleigh on priceline. All rejected. I have not seen any posts for this area on the forums. According to the priceline site there are only 2 hotels (a 2 and a 1 star) in this area. My last bid of 51 came back with a reply of "If you increase your offer by $14 you can bid again right away? Any advice

Welcome to BetterBidding!

According to the priceline site there are only 2 hotels (a 2 and a 1 star) in this area.
You shouldn't use the 'retail' version of PRICELINE to determine what you will receive thru the 'opaque name your own price' version of PRICELINE. For more info see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

What are the date(s) of your stay? How high are you willing to go for a 2* property?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The dates are 7/19/08 thru 7/23/08. I am willing to go to 55 to 57 I guess It just seems that people are getting 3 star hotels for North Raleigh for $40 to 50 and I am wondering if it has to do with more hotels in that area or something I'm not doing right. We want wake forest area because of prox and traffic.

"Opaque" rates may be less in the other nearby zones if there is more hotel competition and hotels have to compete with each other to be the winning accepted bid hotel. As well, with the less expenisve lower rated hotels, there just isn't as much room to discount deeply and still be profitable (ie- it's easier to discount a 4* $200 hotel room than it is to discount a 2* $50 hotel room)

What is the price of the 2* thru PRICELINE's "retail" product? (i don't see a Wake Forest zone when searching there myself)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]