Hotwire Hotel: Hotels In Chicago Mag Mile/ River North w/cheap parking

lkjr
By lkjr,
in

I need to stay in Chicago on Aug 22nd and 23rd in the River North / Mag Mile area. I will be driving and am looking for a hotel with reasonable or free parking. I would like to spend in the $125 range. My problem is finding out how much parking costs at the HOTWIRE hotel offers, can anyone help??

Can anyone help me find out costs for parking at hotels listed on HOTWIRE??

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I think you're going about this the wrong way...

I would sooner do a HOTWIRE search for your dates and see what is offered within your desired budget and star level. From there, you can try to identify the hotels offered and then determine the parking charges at each. You can use our BetterChecker to visit each of the hotel websites to determine the parking charge (or obtain the phone number to call them if the parking info isn't listed on their website)

As well, while parking charges can certainly add up quickly, you don't need to park at the hotel you're staying at (assuming you don't need your car during your stay)... so i'd also focus less on parking charges at the hotel, get a great deal on a hotel, and then figure out the cheapest parking options in the area.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you find or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Cheap parking and Chicago hotels are two things that do not go together, with most hotels charging $40-50 per night. What I would recommend would either be parking in the Millennium Park lot ($25) or finding another major lot (900 N. Michigan Mall has *I believe* overnight parking, although I could be wrong on that.)

This is another popular garage (I've never parked there since I don't drive, but their rates are good - the current rates are a bit higher than what's listed below, you'd have to call for what they currently are exactly)

The Sterling Self-Park Garage

(located between Clark and LaSalle on Kinzie)

$24 per day

In by 7 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $14

In by 9 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $18 per day

After 3 p.m. and weekends - $6

Additionally, can I ask why you're driving? Unless you are going outside the downtown area, there's absolutely zero need for a car downtown. In fact, if you're just staying around the downtown area, a car will only be a hassle, but a very costly one.

If you do have to have a car, I'd do this:

If you get a hotel South of the river, park at the Millennium Park lot.

If you get a hotel North of the river, park at the Sterling Self-Park listed above or another, similarly priced garage near the hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]