Priceline Hotel: check in age in Canada

laredo
By laredo,
in

The rule is "21 years old and over" but some hotels don't check or don't ask... others will.

The individual hotel sets this rule, not PRICELINE and HOTWIRE. PL and HW just don't want to deal with complaints that the individual checking in does not qualify to check in.

Most hotels in Canada are 18 or 19. Apparently many Whistler hotels have 21+ rules, but thats only what I've heard.

Even some hotels in the states accept guests 18+... NYC (always bid 4* MTE; Grand Hyatt and Intercontinental Barclay are both 18-20 friendly), Buffalo (up until I complained, the 3* Adams Mark was 21), and Pittsburgh (with the exception of the 3* Marriott Pittsburgh) are good examples of places where hotels are allowed to accept guests who are 18 years or older, but even with that its still up to the hotel.

I've found 4* hotels are less likely to have these rules, and even if they do they're usually due to liquor laws, and they will usually still allow you to stay as long you give them advance notice so they can remove the mini bar's alcohol.

Hope this information helps!

Never had a problem checking-in as an 18 years old in Quebec (legal majority: 18), or in British Columbia (majority: 19). In fact, I was never asked for my age at all, and some of those times were with a group of friends, things that hotels are generally leery of. Other times, it was for a "romantic" night with my boyfriend! It would never have occurred to me that we could be denied based on our age at that time. And I look and sound very young, so no one could have mistaken my age on the older side.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]