smoke-free rooms... another q

coldkate
By coldkate,
in

i know there is a topic about the new amenity button that says smoke-free hotel... but i was wondering, does anyone know if ALL of the smoke-free hotels that hotwire lists will have this amenity button? i travel with someone who smokes and alot of hotels in the area we are looking at are smoke-free.

but none of the hotels listed on my hotwire search for the area have this button. sorry this question is worded in a confusing way! but it's a big issue when you want a smoking room and to find out after purchase that there are no smoking rooms at all. this happened a while ago to me, maybe back in january, and i only saw the new amenity button in the last month or so. does anyone know?

thanks in advance

or does anyone have any advice for smokers who want to use HOTWIRE??

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not all Smoke Free hotels will show the smoke free icon. There is nothing that states that the hotels need to show all the amenities offered... only that they have all the amenities shown. It is common when a new icon is added that not all hotels eligible to show it will do so right away (as they likely have to contact HOTWIRE to have them change it internally and some are just 'slow' to do so). A perfect example is that almost all hotels these days offer Hi-Speed Internet access, but there are some that still dont' show it... this amenity has been around since HOTWIRE's inception, and at that time many didn't offer hi-speed internet access, but even once they did, the hotels still haven't updated the system to reflect this amenity.

Best bet is to try to identify the property and then determine if it's Smoke Free or not... but of course you're taking an educated guess and can't be 100% certain of the hotel you will ultimately receive.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I whole heartedly concur as I just now booked a room (at the Sheraton Galleria in Dallas) which did not list a "non smoking" icon on Hotwire, but someone else booked a room a week or so ago and it DID list the "non smoking icon".

so it's not just that they hadn't submitted their info to Hotwire. It WAS there and subsequetnly wasn't. They may do this to keep the hotel from being too identifiable?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]