Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (South) Radisson Airport at Sierra Point

texashighway
By texashighway,
in

7/24/08 - 7/25/08

I was bidding for 2.5* but was upgraded to 3*

Bid $60 SFO - rejected.

Bid $62 SFO + South - rejected (P/L offered a free rebid of $79; I didn't take the bait).

Bid $66 SFO + South + Lombard (No 2.5*'s) - rejected.

Bid $69 SFO + South + Lombard + FW - accepted.

Total Price $69 + $17.47 taxes & fees = $86.47.

Expedia ranks this property as 3.5* and charges minimum of $152.10 + $16.33 = $168.33 total.

Yes, I did use the PRICELINE link on this forum!

Congratulations on your win!

This is less than half price so a very nice deal... hopefully you're happy with the results (and weren't counting on too many of the 'free' amenities often offered at 2.5* properties which are often not available at higher rated hotels)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed at the Radisson at Sierra Point in San Francisco (South) on 7/24/2008 - 7/25/2008. My win has already been posted in the San Francisco forum. After my win, I went to Radisson's home page and noticed they offer online check-in up to seven days prior to arrival. It also said that "it doesn't matter how you book your reservation you can use the online check-in." Still, a little leery of receiving the Priceline "treatment", I called Radisson central reservations to confirm that I could use this service. The representative said unfortunately, he had no access to my reservation since I had booked through Priceline and that I should call the hotel directly. I did that and the hotel representative told me that special requests by Priceline customers are not honored and that I would be assigned a room based on availability at time of arrival. Not satisfied with this answer, I sent an email to Priceline and received a reply that said We demand the same service for our customers as any travel agency and we are truly sorry to hear of your experience.We have documented your experience and a Customer Service manager will review your concern and provide feedback to the travel partner team. Priceline also provided me with $50 add on bonus money ($10 a night for up to a 5 night stay) for a future stay. Anyway, I did check-in online, printed out my pass, and after arriving on a morning flight from China, was given my room key at 10 am! And I did have a nice stay. So the tip I want to provide is don't accept second-class Priceline "treatment". It is in Priceline's best interest to ensure that their travel partners abide by their contractual obligations. So give Priceline a chance! And when they do help, send them a follow-up thank you message and continue to give them your business (through betterbidding.com, of course).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]